PDA

View Full Version : Adding weight to an 07 Outback

TL7
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
I have the wakeboarding package...single bag under the back seat. What I'd like to do is add more weight, but (1) have it all automated like the rear sac and (2) have it all completely hidden. What is the best way to accomplish all of this? Lead in the front? Can you lift the floor panels and add lead, or is that too much strain on the hull and trailer? After having an I/O for 8 years and filling/emptying sacs, I'd rather roll with the wake as is than go through all of that again. Plus I don't want to give up my floor space. Just curious what you guys with Outbacks have done.

pickle311
10-28-2007, 08:46 PM
I run 2 150lb sacs under the front seats and a 750lb sac in the rear. It's all automatic. The rear was a direct replacement and I had to plumb in the front.

TL7
10-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't suppose you have any pics or details on how to plumb to the front do you? Also, what sacs did you get for the front? Sounds like that's the way to go. One other thing...how do you keep the 750 from rolling in the back? When I put it in, as soon as I slowed down it rolled forward spilling out from under the seat.

pickle311
10-30-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't suppose you have any pics or details on how to plumb to the front do you? Also, what sacs did you get for the front? Sounds like that's the way to go. One other thing...how do you keep the 750 from rolling in the back? When I put it in, as soon as I slowed down it rolled forward spilling out from under the seat.

sorry, no pics. I used straight line XL blocks in the front and the ProX 750 under the rear seat. It does roll forward sometimes but it's not that big of a deal.

For plumbing it, I tapped into the stock intake and ran a hose into the bow. It come up right in front of the drivers feet. That fills one bag. At the opposite end of that bag, towards the bow, there's another hose that runs over to the other bag to fill it. I just connected the 2 bags together with a hose. Then there's a drain pump tied into the drain on the second bag. It's all really simple.

TL7
10-30-2007, 11:00 PM
Pickle....I am thinking of using the integrated bow sac linked below. I won't be able to fill it completely, but it has good reviews and I like the setup.

http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/wakeboard_boat_ballast/fly_high_integrated_bow_sac_w711

When you say you tapped into the stock intake, what exactly does that mean? Once I figure that out, I run a hose to the sac's intake on the driver's side. This fills the sac. Next I have to add a pump to empty it? Is this correct? Few questions regarding that..(1) What type of pump? (2) Where is the pump mounted...hose from sac - pump - more hose to thru hull? Which leads me to (3) where exactly do you run the hose to drain it? Drain holes in rear of boat or front? Last question..do I need to add another switch or does the front and rear all drain and empty from the same switch?

Please pardon my ignorance. I think I have the general idea, but I want to do this correct the first time. I want it to operate like it was factory installed, not by some bum (me)! I really appreciate your input. This is why I'm glad I have this forum to ask questions. Hopefully someday I will be able to answer some other noobie's questions!