PDA

View Full Version : Boat Cleaning

tcabrera
08-05-2003, 12:38 AM
How do you remove water spots? Even after a washing and drying, I still see light water spots. And yes, I do dry right after we pull out of the water.

moombaschleg
08-05-2003, 01:24 AM
Hi

Our dealer turned me on to a product by CarBrite called Snappy Shine. Spray it on your wet boat before drying it off, and it does great, even on chrome, and also removing spots from windows. They have a website www.carbrite.com. You can buy it by the gallon, I do not know about shipping or availability where you are (we are in Indiana). Works great with your car too.

I hear that most of the spray waxes work well too.

Hope that helps.

cola
08-05-2003, 04:42 PM
Try white vinegar and water (around 50/50 mix or stronger). I use it anytime I pull my boat out of hard water like rivers, Havasu, etc. It works well but may remove the wax also depending on what type of wax you use. If that doesn't work, try One Grand Special Touch. It has worked very well for me when the vinegar and water hasn't. They also have great wax also. The best I've ever used. You can layer it over and over and not get any buildup. Also, try not to wipe down your boat with a real chamois. Chamois lovers don't believe it, but they remove the wax as well. We use nothing but One Grand stuff at the fire dept. I work for, and our rigs look amazing. Try the web site. Their stuff isn't cheap but it's worth every penny. Good luck!
http://www.onegrand.com/

cola
08-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Try white vinegar and water (around 50/50 mix or stronger). I use it anytime I pull my boat out of hard water like rivers, Havasu, etc. It works well but may remove the wax also depending on what type of wax you use. If that doesn't work, try One Grand Special Touch. It has worked very well for me when the vinegar and water hasn't. They also have great wax also. The best I've ever used. You can layer it over and over and not get any buildup. Also, try not to wipe down your boat with a real chamois. Chamois lovers don't believe it, but they remove the wax as well. We use nothing but One Grand stuff at the fire dept. I work for, and our rigs look amazing. Try the web site. Their stuff isn't cheap but it's worth every penny. Good luck!
http://www.onegrand.com/