PDA

View Full Version : Moomba Model

ph2ocraft
07-09-2002, 05:47 AM
After looking at all there is I've decided on a Moomba. Now the question, which model? My family 4,7,40 and 42 we have 4 PWC we love to fish, ski and pull tubes(no boarders yet). We always have a lot of company. I'm looking for suggestions and input for engine selection.

Thanks In Advance
Al

whalemangler
07-10-2002, 10:00 AM
I bought the Mobius(Used - 6mo) and I really like it. No kids yet but I have had all kinds of watersports going on behind the boat. Tubes, slolam, wakeboard. Mobius comes standard with the tower so fishing would be kinda hard I guess.

I mainly wakeboard, and with alot of weight in the boat it is very nice. Motor is solid(320 Indmar), but my electronics need some minor warranty work(guages need calibration).

My only major complaint was that the captain has no place to put his bee... errm... his soda. :)

My only suggestion is to get the tower, especially if you think wakeboarding is in the cards. Poles are a pain in the ass in open bow boats.

Darrell Land
07-11-2002, 10:57 AM
We have a 2000 Kanga and we love it. We at the time had no children, but now we have a 1 year old. We ordered it with a heater, cover and bimini. We take the boat out every weekend and have had no real trouble at all. Plenty of power with the 310 Indmar. The only thing I would rec. is get the larger Mobius model. More room and you can add a tower for wakeboarding-the future of watersports!!!

pjtatro
07-12-2002, 02:20 PM
We recently purchased a 2000 Kamberra with a Titan Tower. We love it. It has the playpen seating which gives you tons of storage. At least get a V drive, it really helps with the interior room.

sloppy
07-13-2002, 08:08 PM
Just out of curiousity, why have you decided on Moomba but not a model? That is a bit strange. I have a 2001 Moomba Outback LS. I have an 320 hp EFI engine as well as a tower, ballast 4 blade prop and wake plate. I like my Moomba but I bought it because it was the only ski boat I could purchase by paying cash. I don't regret it but the gauges are very inaccurate as well as problematic (just look around the message board), and the interior is a bit cheep. It also is not as inovative as some others. I have a heck of a lot of fun with it and it was good for me but remember you get what you pay for. I would suggest you figure out what you want to do with your boat first (ie. ski, board or cruise) then decide on what to get. I wanted an inboard becasue I love to slalom but I also love wake boarding. That is why I added my accesories. You may not even want in inboard or a v-drive. Good luck and shop around.

weirdo0521
07-14-2002, 01:00 AM
After several years of boat shows and window shopping, my dad bought a 2002 Moomba Outback LS. I highly reccomend this model if you have decided on Moomba. My parents(Baby Boomers), and my family of five 31,31, 7, 4, and 6 months are the primary users. The open bow is great. It has the same Indmar 310 as in a Mastercraft, which is more than enough to get my 245 lbs out of the water. My kids love t and there is enough room for everyone to go on the boat at the same time. Based on your family situation, I think this is the best boat for you. Email me if you have any questions. Happy skiing.

Old fogie boarder
07-23-2002, 05:33 PM
I must agree with sloppy in you have to decide long term what you will do with the boat, where you live, your kids interests, etc. We bought a bow rider last year in May then turned around and bought a new Mobius in Oct. We got hooked on wakeboarding and now go out every weekend. I did lose some money on the transactions but luckily not much. For the money you are looking at it is an investment to enjoy over time. The reason we bought the Mobius over the Outback LS was the money. I got a very good deal on a 2001 with no hours on it. There are some things about the boat that are cheaper than others such as Mastercraft or Malibu, but you pay a heck of a lot more for those. If luxury is what you want, you may want to consider quality used vs new and go with another brand. Although I really like my Mobius. It is sharp looking and with a few small alterations (amp and Bazooka tube, additional ballast bag, and some lead) it is a great boat for me and my family.

As I progress in my wakeboarding, if I decide to upgrade the boat, I would probably consider the Mobius V or LSV. I would love a Supra but it won't fit in my garage.

Drive them and test them all. One peice of advice, there are a lot of boats out there, take your time to find the one to fit you and your families needs. Don't do what I did and buy something you will want to sell 6 months later.

Good luck searching.

PS: with the boat market what it is, there are a lot of good deals out there. I happen to know my dealer for Moomba has 2 brand new 2001 Mobius's still sitting on his lot.

08-08-2002, 12:26 AM
Where did you get your mobias? What did you think of your dealer?

ph2ocraft
08-08-2002, 02:24 AM
First I'd like to say thanks for all of the input I received trying to choose my model. I bought a Mobious V and a Malibu LSV, one for the lake house and one for around home lakes. I ordered the Malibu with every option and comfort I could find, wanted and needed. The Moomba for the best deal with the most options. I'll keep all posted on my likes and dislikes.:) :) :) :)

sloppy
08-10-2002, 11:19 PM
I did not know Malibu made an LSV. I think you may have meant Moomba Outback LSV. If you did get a Malibu, please say the name of the model and if you got the "wedge". I hate that you don't wakeboard. I would like to see if the wake is a great item for wakeboarding.

ph2ocraft
08-11-2002, 12:46 AM
It's the Sunscape LSV. Awesome boat and I did order the wedge, I can't wait to see how the two boats truly compare for the everyday user.

sloppy
08-18-2002, 08:35 PM
What do you think now? The other boat I seriously considered was a Malibu LXI. I ended up buying my Moomba Outback LS. I am curious what you think about both the Moomba and the Malibu. Give me the scoope!!!

toddvi
08-31-2002, 11:49 PM
I am looking at the LVS, any news on them vs the mobius direct drive?

jimLSV02
11-03-2002, 09:48 PM
Just bought the mobius LSV this spring!
I have 2 kids and my wife and me -- that makes 4 right?
Wrong--- with all the friends I have had up to 10 in my boat and we all had plenty of room to move around! The performance of the boat has been nothing but spectacular!! I have the wake plate-ballast syatem-tandem trailer- and pretty much all the goodies-- oh ya and I added 600 watts of great sound to the boat with nile speakers that----well you.:)know.If you want room to just relax or performance for skiing-wakeboarding-or tubing this is the boat for you!
Good luck in deciding whats best for you!
Jim

11-04-2002, 01:01 AM
It's only been a short while but so far the Malibu gets the nod. For the money the Moomba is a much much better deal. The interior is much nicer on the Malibu and on the water I feel the Malibu feels tighter. Like I said no wake boarders so I can only give the opinion of my water skiers and tubers, they prefer the Malibu. BETTER FEEL and heater. I'm glad I have both and don't have to decide, it was driving me crazy!!