PDA

View Full Version : any tips

liquidlite
10-22-2007, 02:05 PM
first time inboard owner (07 mobius lsv) and was wondering any tips/tricks/regular maintenace to perform on the boat other than the regularities?? any recommendations from fellow moomba owners?

ATLOUTBACKV
10-22-2007, 03:53 PM
check your fluids everytime before you go out.... and enjoy it

smokedog2
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Basspro sells a plug with a whole in the end for inserting a screwdriver and turning. Get one, run a line so it can hang on the throttle. When you pull out, tie the kill switch to it if you are really forgetful.

Aero 303

check all the tower bolts at least twice a summer.

sd2

BensonWdby
10-22-2007, 07:58 PM
SMOKEDOG - what is the point behind this plug tied to the kill switch??

BensonWdby
10-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Get rear tiedown straps and use them. Cheap insurance. But remember to take them off before dropping in. Your boat will not start on the launch if it is secured to the trailer at the back due to back pressure on the exhaust flaps.

No shoes in the boat, not even sandals or flip flops.

Turn the motor off when people are near the boat in the water.

Don't do stupid sh#t.

Whenever you take the boat out of the water pull the drain plug.

When sitting unused for multiple days, prop the motor cover open (for direct drive) to reduce corrosion under clamshell.

hiqualityH2O
10-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Liquid: Practice maneuvering at slow speeds 5 mph or less, these boats handle a lot different than I/Os.

Check the ballest before loading even if you didn't use it sometimes the bags fill on their own.

Also if you haven't tried it, use vineger and water 1 part to 10 for cleaning some of the tougher water spots etc. It's cheap n easy.

Have fun and welcome to the Moomba clan!

liquidlite
10-22-2007, 09:04 PM
ya ive grown up with a boat, on boats, and around boats so i know alot. ive driven other inboards and they do handle completely different (still learning how to dock it!) i was just asking for tips on fluids, checking things like the bolts and engine gears, regular maintenance, ect....keep the tips coming guys! thanks for everything...i just wanna make sure to keep this slice of heaven perfect for as long as i can.

Buttafewcoe
10-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Grease cable ends yearly, check your cleats regularly if you raft up often, keep an eye on your swim platform mounting hardware. Do not leave a cd in the cd player while boat is stored.
B
Oh yeah, pray for a short winter
:D

JoeTechie
10-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Good wax job yearly or more

303 protectant every other wash

Marine Spray Nine for anything that needs real cleaning, mild soap and water for everything else.

Change the Impeller yearly (I know you already know this, but anyone reading it can always see it again.

Don't tow tubers or skiers from the tower.

Invest in a cover cover (yes, meant twice) if you keep the boat outside.

Enjoy every time you get her out!

-Joe

zabooda
10-23-2007, 09:46 PM
Change the tranny fluid each year and put in exactly the amount you take out. You need to suck out as much tranny fluid as you can and replace with the like amount. Too much or too little is not good for the tranny.