PDA

View Full Version : question on older moomba's - ballast

bobwells
10-21-2007, 08:01 AM
I have a '98 mobius/outback. Now that my son has riden behind a 24' Supra V drive he has gotten the "taste" for much more wake. Just how much ballast do some of you older boat owners feel you can add safely??? or w/out o-d-ing the boat? I run around 900+ now with sacs but obviously it's not giving him the "pop" he's looking for. I know I wont be able to reproduce the 24' V w/ 3000 lbs. but I know more so I cant afford another boat !!! just love giving up floor space dont you? :( anyway thanks in advance for suggestions, bob

Buttafewcoe
10-22-2007, 06:50 AM
I don't know the Direct Drive will give you the wake you're looking for. It's more of a ski boat than a WB boat. I run about 1200# in mine, and the wake is better w/ the ballast than w/o (knack for the obvious, eh?), but I don't think it compares to the wake you'd get on that Supra you mentioned.
B

Sled491
10-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah, there's no shortage of guys who will explain to you the big differences between our Outbacks and there V drives. But I know what you mean, my buddies daughter went for a 1/2 day class at the local dealers lake with a local pro behind a Gravity games vs his Outback. She's never been the same since ha ha.