PDA

View Full Version : Washington state lakes

bambam26
10-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I have a question for anyone in the Seattle/Washington area, what lakes is everyone going too? Is there any good lakes on the west side of the state? I go to Mason lake a lot and when we travel we go to Winthrop to lake perrigyn. Any body have any good places to go?

h2oskierrick
10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
Hey Bam, out your way if you are going to Mason Lake you should try out Tiger Lake just outside of Belfair. It's small, but if you hit it early it's some of the best skiing and boarding around. If you want to go farther North, Lake Stevens, Sammish, Sammamish. These are bigger lakes. But Lake Goodwin and FLowing Lake are also nice. East of the Mountains Lake Curlew, Intiat, and the Pot Holes resovoir are our Favorites as is the Wanupum resovoir out side of Vantage on I-90. Enjoy!

bambam26
10-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Where is flowing lake and goodwin? I will give Tiger a try this next season, I didnt know you could ski on it.

cj11302000
10-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Bam, we go to Riffe Lake a lot and Mayfield Lake. Riffe lake is choice...go right out of the park boat launch to get some nice smooth water by the islands. There is also a cool party cove where we hang out a lot. It's up lake a ways on the left...it has a real cool rope swing into the water and everyone floats and turns their systems up. Lake Tapps can be nice, but a bit of a blender on busy days. Try Lake Cushman...very nice and not too crowded. For a really sweet lake...go to Lake Entiat by Wenatchee on the east side...big party cove by the sandbar and some of the best flat water you can find.

llxlv
10-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Lake Tapps is crazy, I had a buddy fall and was hit by another boat before we could get back to him. That about 15 years ago, but I'm guessing still gets pretty crazy.