PDA

View Full Version : where did the wake go?

LakeFreak
08-03-2003, 05:45 PM
You guys tell me if this makes any sense to you. Since buying my boat in late May I have put over 40 hours on it so I feel like I know the boat pretty well. I just put it in the shop to get the depth finder I was owed installed and took it back out Saturday morning. I swear the wake was half the size it normally is. I've got an 2003 Outback LSV with the wake plate and 3 bag ballast system. Two guys I ride with a lot also commented on the wake being noticeably smaller. This was with ballast weight and without ballast weight. I figured that maybe during the installation the tech might have jacked with the wake plate wires so when we got the boat out of the water we checked and it was moving from 0 to about 30 degrees. Unfortunately I never checked to see how far it went down before. Anyone know if the plate should be going farther down, have any other ideas, or do the wakes just suck some days? When we hit the lake it was glass so it wasn't water conditions... I have a 4 day lake trip coming up and would really like to figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

crotchrocket
08-24-2003, 07:07 PM
that sounds pretty strange. Did you have the same amount of fuel in the boat? That always makes a difference to me. Also if you have been riding in deep water and now riding in shallow water. That will make a difference too.

pjtatro
08-25-2003, 03:03 PM
With the wakeplate down your wake will be smaller. It is when it is in the "all the way up" positoin that you will have the biggest wake.

gotwake
08-31-2003, 02:55 PM
I have noticed the same problems. I found out that the lake i go to gets drained quite a bit and it is a shallow lake. maybe that could be some of the probem. I have been to the point of actuall confusion. I go out to the lake with no wieght at all and get the same size wake as 400lbs of sand in the front ....ballast of 500lbs in the back 600 lbs of granite in the back and 2 fat sacks of about 200 lbs each on the sides and notice no difference....WHAT GIVES?? Just the lake stickin' it to us i guess.