PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Winterized and not get jacked near Hamilton, On

spyder
10-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Hey all, does anyone know where the best place to get Winterized and not get ripped off near Hamilton, Ontario..

Place closest to me (Dundas Marine, not a Moomba Dealer) wants $500!!! For Engine and Ballast winterization with fluid change.

Anyone know of any good shops that are affordable, so i can still pay for storage! ;)

zabooda
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I do my own winterization. I have the boat, motorhome and a underground sprinkler system in my yard that all require winterization so out of financial necessity I have learned to do it all. It isn't hard to learn but it is time consuming to make sure it is done right. There are posts on this site and other places like Discount Marine that have good advice. If you were watch someone winterize your boat, you would be surprised how easy it is.

Sled491
10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I winterized my 07 outback 2 weekends ago. Drained all water, fogged cylinders and changed the oil. 1st time on this boat, took me about 90 minutes. Worth thinking about 8)

Mellow Yellow
10-28-2007, 01:18 PM
I live close (Oakville) but had mine serviced up in Huntsville. Mobile Marine has Indmar experience and a good rep so I had them do it for $200. Did my own oil change and ballast winterization, easier and less risk.
Muskoka Lakes was same price but takes me another 45 minutes to get to cause we're north of Huntsville.