PDA

View Full Version : Rear ballast not emptying

WaterDawg
10-06-2007, 11:05 PM
I have a Gravity III factory installed ballast system on my '07 Mobius LS and the rear passenger side ballast tank is not emptying. Will fill just fine and overflow also works. Can also hear the pump when it is supposed to be emptying. Had this problem and took it to the dealer (7 hours away) and it worked fine when I got it back (at least the first time out) now I am having the same problem again and do not feel like pulling the boat all the way back to the dealer again. Talked with them on the phone and tried these suggestions with no luck.

-completely fill ballast and get boat up to about 30 and toggle switch on and off till it begins pumping out (it never did)
-check drain hose for kinks (as far as I can tell, no kinks)

I also know it is not the fuse.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

liquidlite
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
mine does the same thing...not sure what it is but i have to fill it until it overflows and then flip it to empty...strange how it doesnt empty like that.

Chefwong
10-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Is your empty hose on the top of the bag or the bottem?

hiqualityH2O
10-22-2007, 08:11 PM
I had the same problem. Check the valve solenoid it maybe stuck or bad.

Good luck!

WaterDawg
10-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. With the rear ballast it is a tank, not a bag and even when I fill it up completely till it overflows, I still cannot get it to drain. I will check the solenoid, that might be the problem. At first I just thought it might be air in the line or something but who knows? Anyway, thanks again for the input.