PDA

View Full Version : wakeboarding tallahassee

seavee1
10-06-2007, 12:36 AM
i go to fsu and brought my moomba up here, lake bradford and lake jackson have been to low. i've been riding in lake talquin, but have been running through props hitting stumps. anybody no any place to ride?

bobwells
10-12-2007, 06:09 PM
hey seavee, what part of the lake you riding on? which landing do you put in at? you really do need to "learn" the lake, not a good place for free wheeling ! :wink:
do you have a blue mobius? if so I think I've seen ya... bob

zegm
11-07-2007, 01:07 AM
If you don't mind driving west for about an hour you can try Deerpoint Lake here in Panama City! The level is always the same and unless you head up the creeks you are not going to hit any stumps. There are a couple of nice ramps on the lake too!

seavee1
11-07-2007, 07:52 PM
hey bob i put in at williams landing. There is a run right out from the ramp where i have marked a pretty good line i can run. But when the wind picks up i'm to nervous to search any of the coves. and ya that my blue mobius, unless there are any others in tallahassee...

bobwells
11-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Seavee, I have probally seen your boat on hwy. 20, i've also seen a blue mobe across the lake on Gadsden cty. side. anyway I dont run that far up on the nth. end of lake. Just dont know it that well and Talquin has tons of under water structure as you have evidently found out. I would suggest launching a little farther south. I'm on Blount Rd. great landing and good water especially on the Leon Cty. side. I have a cpl. options when wind kicks up. when we have a nth wind blowing straight down the lake it's pretty tough. You can find a smooth side but dont know whats lurking beneath. I also have paid some "dues"... :( I have an older blue metal flake mobe and live on the lake. I'll keep my eye out for you and try to show you some decent water as long as you dont chop ours up ! :wink: look forward to seeing you, bob