PDA

View Full Version : Pluggin/covering exhaust over winter....

BlunderDownUnder
10-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Does anyone plug or cover their exhaust some how for winter storage? My feeling is that it would be a good idea to keep any critters in my garage from finding there way in...

spyder
10-04-2007, 02:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing, not sure what to use yet though.

qb12
10-04-2007, 03:08 PM
duct tape the flaps closed.

spyder
10-04-2007, 03:20 PM
any companies make customer covers?

qb12
10-04-2007, 04:06 PM
any companies make customer covers?

"customer covers" what? mean custom covers. you can get a waterline cover thru skiboatcovers.com

zabooda
10-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Check eBay for color matching "Exhaust Buddies." Just kidding. It would take an ingenius but somewhat dumb varmit to get to the height of the exhaust and get past the flappers only to find a non-liveable space. I do park my boat outside and place the drain plug loosely into the hole so water could drain but leave the varmits outside.

BlunderDownUnder
10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
with the help of some family members tossing bags and moving stuff around... i could see a perfect little ramp for them to get up there. Duct tape always seems to leave a nasty residue on stuff.... guess i'll have to use the ol' think tank to figure out something nice.

SEARK
10-04-2007, 05:01 PM
You could use that blue tape that painters use on windows and such. It will hold the flap down and will not leave any residue when you take it off.

BensonWdby
10-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Try a couple layers of aluminum foil and a plastic tie wrap. Rub cayan (sp?) pepper on the outside of the aluminum. Could use a rubber band but they may deteriorate over time, especially if outdoors in sunlight.

Never tried this, but should work.

Alternately - go with the multiple layers of aluminumfoil and cover all the way to the transom. Then use the duct tape....over the circumference and the flat surface.