PDA

View Full Version : Boatmate trailer technical papers?

moomba_armada
09-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Hello again:

I love my Boatmate trailer, I think it is far much better that the ones you can find here in Europe, but I canīt use it, is still in the garage :(
I have asked SC, dealer and Boatmate for some technical data papers that should come with the trailer,(least here is that way...) but didnīt get anything after two months.
I believe you need some official documents showing measures,capacities and weights to get the license plate, like here...
The homologations engineers told me that I would just need the technical file, that maybe I wouldnīt need an official inspection document from USA or any USA state administration.

It would be sad to let a new trailer gets rusty in the garage withouth using it.. :x

Any information would be very appreciated

Buttafewcoe
09-20-2007, 04:42 AM
All that information is already on the trailer. Those stickers should give weights and measures. Isn't that good enough?
B

moomba_armada
09-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Butta...you know gov people want papers everywhere...they love them...I just towed my boat over 1000 kms totally outlaw when I picked it at port, but I don,t want more "bills" from highway patrol...already can fill a box with them :lol:
Can,t even enjoy my nice car anymore..things are getting worse here, anyone insterested in a sports car? :lol:

Buttafewcoe
09-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Right, Ed. Pester the heck out of them. The squeaky wheel gets the grease
:wink:
B

edwindenijs
09-20-2007, 04:02 PM
here in holland it is not allowed to use the American trialers although they look better and i think there beter also.

I think the size of the trailer is not allowed in europe so the don't give license plates for them. I think you have bad luck or just try to get a "old" plate from another trailer. To get a european registrition is not possible as far as I know.

Ps
You had a good summer I think? here it is wind and rain, next yaer must be better.

moomba_armada
09-21-2007, 04:19 AM
Right Edwin...same laws and restrictions all arund old sleepy Europe...I was told about getting that "old" tech specs plate and will do that in last term...but first I always try the legal path :roll: maybe the homologation by an engineer will cost me more than a new one..anyway I love the Boatmate trailer.
We had a warm and nice summer here in NW Spain...not as hot as usually, many people from northern Europe are moving here...canīt blame them...we are lucky.
Thanks for your advice, Ed G., done what you said: Owen from Boatmate trailers e-mailed me back with some information, not official inspections papers that bureaucrats love...but Iīll have a try with that.

P.S.: hey Edwin, does your dealer serve you spare parts...It is impossible to get even a simple zinc anode plug for the heat exchanger from my dealer, been waiting over two months... donīt want to think if I need a propeller or a vital part to run the boat..anyway, boat will rest for some months and I have time to try and get those parts..maybe from Overtons.com or other USA site..delivery is too expensive though but dollar- euro is 1 - 1.40 ...thanks God

Yellowmobius
09-21-2007, 07:20 AM
I am just wondering what the penalty is and what is the chance of getting caught? ( I tend to push the limits a bit). I took my jet ski out for the first time in a few years earlier this summer I forgot about having current license tabs and I went out anyway. Ended up with a $25.00 ticket but I did ask if it was good for all day. To my surprise the warden said "yes".

I have shipped a few things over seas. USPS gets the stuff there usually in less than two weeks. 4 pound box to Italy cost $26.00 to ship.

moomba_armada
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
UPS delivered some items to Spain in 4 days..but most engine spare parts suppliers ask you for at least a 300 $ purchase and then around 150 $ for delivery costs...I could buy a few things also, but just need some minor maintenance parts.
Anyway I think I have found the right supplier now somewhere in Europe...hope it.
Iīd also pay $25 a day to be able to run the trailer without license plate :P

P.S.: Yellow, if I canīt get that parts from this supplier at last, Iīll ask you to be my dealer... :wink: ...with the right profit for you of course! :D

Yellowmobius
09-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Just let me know
You can always e-mail me
[email protected]

moomba_armada
09-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Will keep that e-mail address :wink:

You know what... :lol: when I first saw your quote about the well preserved body, I translated it to my wife..and she said:Thats you!! :lol:
I tend to think that way :wink:

Best regards,Bruce.