PDA

View Full Version : wakeboard rack

seanpatsdad
09-19-2007, 06:33 AM
What does Moomba charge for the wakeboard racks that come with boats.I have an 04 LSV Mobius.Does anyone else make the kind that fit the oval rail.Thanks.
John

04OUTBACK
09-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Here is one option:
http://monstertower.com/xtp_wbr_doubleup.htm
I think the cost is $395 for 2 pair when you order a boat from Moomba

http://www.wakeside.com/info/comparison/racks_inside.php

Matt Glenn
09-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I got a wakeboard rack and a water ski rack through boss racks for my 06 outback.I only paid $88 each. You can find them on e-bay under wakeboard racks or under his web site bosswake.com. I would call them and talk to RIO the owner and tell him what boat you have. They are not bad for the money. You can't buy one on the market for what I got both of them for.

deerfield
09-19-2007, 10:37 AM
seanpatsdad - Echo Matt Glenn. Called and spoke with Rio. Bough two sets. Use one for pair of skis and other for two wakeboards. Mounted on cross bars to stock tower on 07 Outback. Sure helps keep the boat clutter free. - Deerfield

seanpatsdad
09-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the help.I will give Rio a call.
John

cab13367
09-19-2007, 03:28 PM
John,

The XTP Double Up from monstertower.com is the same rack that comes on the Moomba from the factory/dealer, only they charge you more for it. It's $315 for both sides from monster whereas I think the dealer charges about $235 per side??. This is what I have and they work great. My wakesurf board even fits in them.

Some people have mentioned the racks from Rio. I also bought those racks but ended up returning them. The problem with them, compared to the stock/XTP racks, is that they are all about minimizing the cost and thus the material that goes into the racks. So, compared to the XTP racks, the fingers are not as long and the spacing is not as wide, to the point that my wakeboard would not slide in unless I exerted quite a bit of force, which I did not want to do. Also, Rio's racks hold the board real close to the tower (again, due to minimizing of material), to the point that if you didn't slide your board in exactly perpendicular to the fingers, your board would probably hit either the front or the rear tower upright as you slid it in.

Now if I didn't have the XTP racks on hand to compare Rio's racks to, I probably would have been okay with Rio's racks (other than my board would not easily slide in).

To Rio's credit, he gave me a full refund when I returned his racks.

Just my two cents.

Al

seanpatsdad
09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
cab13367
Thanks for the info.
John

tazz3069
09-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Get them from Rio. I did. They are great. They fit perfect and no problems.