PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy

michele
07-31-2003, 10:58 PM
we are looking to buy a boat. what do you think about moomba, any positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. thanks, michele

waterboy
08-01-2003, 05:29 AM
As far as which model is for you....it depends on your preferences. My wife slaloms and I wakeboard so we went with the Outback, which does both well.

The boat itself is awesome, we spent a lot less money with Moomba to get the same features and quality of the more expensive lines. Couldn't be happier with Skier's Choice and their obvious commitment to customer satisfaction.

Brian

sextons
08-01-2003, 07:45 AM
I'd visit a few dealers and have them help you pick the best model that's right for the watersports you want to do. Obviously in my opinion Moomba will come out on top for the value and boat you get for the money.
You should be comfortable with your dealer since that is who you will deal with.

TheBeeZ
08-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Everyone else has already said it, It's hard to beat Moomba. You are getting the biggest bang for your buck with a moomba. All you really need to decide is what color.

carsondoc
08-01-2003, 03:16 PM
One additional comment Michele. I would spend a little time looking at the forum discussions on any of the boats that you are considering. While considering a Moomba, I read the forum here and thought "Wow, do all boats have these different problems?" After looking at Malibu and Mastercraft forums I realized that they do and it's just part of owning a boat.

Your dealer will be crucial as he will be the one to do servicing and fix any problems for you.

As for Skier's Choice, they are truly exceptional in their customer support and you can always count on them.

carsondoc
08-01-2003, 03:16 PM
One additional comment Michele. I would spend a little time looking at the forum discussions on any of the boats that you are considering. While considering a Moomba, I read the forum here and thought "Wow, do all boats have these different problems?" After looking at Malibu and Mastercraft forums I realized that they do and it's just part of owning a boat.

Your dealer will be crucial as he will be the one to do servicing and fix any problems for you.

As for Skier's Choice, they are truly exceptional in their customer support and you can always count on them.

2002Kamberra_in_AZ
08-01-2003, 05:07 PM
My husband did months and months of research on the type of boat he wanted and narrowed his choice to MasterCraft or Moomba. With the Moomba, you can't beat the price. And the customer service is great. Be sure you take a test drive of the boat you think you are going to buy. It was really hard for me to get used to the handling of a V-drive on our Kamberra. If I had taken it for a test drive beforehand, I could have had a lot of my questions answered. But I wouldn't trade it for another boat now!

waterboy
08-02-2003, 05:40 AM
Thanks, Ed....your boat is nice too!

Brian

Rusty L
08-02-2003, 04:32 PM
I am the owner of a97 outback and still runs and looks as good as it did the day I brought it home.I ski, wake board and barefoot and it works very well for all of them at my skill level. For the money you can't go wrong.

cashby9000
08-04-2003, 02:16 PM
I have to sell my 2003 Outback due to lake length restrictions. I will send info, if interested. In Indiana.

[email protected]

SDH
08-04-2003, 05:28 PM
We really love our 2002 Outback LS (bought a one year old trade-in). It is the best value for the money (looked at Nautique, Tige, Malibu, etc.) and weight (we own Chysler Minivans and didn't want to buy an SUV or truck to tow a deep-V hull boat). A lot of Supra's and Moomba's are seen on our home lake and everyone I've talked to would buy again.

michele
08-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Well. we bought a Mobius this weekend and spent all saturday and sunday in it. What a blast!!! We drove all over. We all tubed, skiied, wake boarded & knee boarded--what a great time!! The boat was great, lots of storage, great stereo, smooth ride (the adjustable plate makes a huge difference). Here's looking to years of enjoyment!!!!!! Thanks for the comments. Michele

waterboy
08-05-2003, 02:36 AM
Congratulations! Best of luck with the new boat, and welcome to the club. What color did you get?

Brian