PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Driving

SMUMATTMAN
07-31-2003, 10:46 PM
OK, I need help we have owned a boat for over 12 years and just recently upgraded to a 2003 Mobius. I had hoped that by switching from an outboard to an Inboard would help my wife improve her driving, but lets just say that hasn't happened. Does anyone know of a website, book, article anything that I could get and give to her.

sextons
08-01-2003, 07:42 AM
If you're looking for driving tips specific to wakeboarding you can check out wakeboarder.com and they have online tips and a message board where people discuss different driving techniques.
Do you have wakeboard pro perfect pass, that makes it idiot proof you just have to pick the speed and want to go and drive straight.
There are a lot of wakeboard sites, videos and magazines that give tips on driving double ups too.

2003 Mobious LSV

lowdrag
08-01-2003, 07:45 AM
I'm having the same problems here, but my wife suffers more from lack of experience. I think the best suggestion I've heard so far is to have her sit next to me while I'm pulling someone else and let her watch while I drive.

moombamania
08-01-2003, 08:32 AM
I agree with sextons, Perfect Pass (Wakeboard Pro) is sweet. Do not yet have but have experienced. My honey was focused on the speedo and having a tuff time with it early on. Got her pulling me based on the tach and everything smoothed out. She found it much easier to manage 22 rpm than manage the needle movement on a speedo.

TheBeeZ
08-01-2003, 10:03 AM
There is some real good driving tips at www.waterski.about.com

SMUMATTMAN
08-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Guys thanks for all the tips and info. my printer is cranking out documents and she has agreed to read them. I have also decided to let her drive the boat more when the kids and other friends are wakeboarding to get more practice, and will sit next to her and provide instruction. We should get some sets in tonight and again Sunday night so I'll update on Monday.