PDA

View Full Version : Good time to sell?

outback 4
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Just curious if anyone has had any luck selling a boat this time of year, or if its a no brainer to wait until the end of the winter? I've got an 06 Outback that I purchased brand new and the wife and I are already looking to step up to the V-drive.

04OUTBACK
09-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I sold my 04 Outback in 4 days 3 weeks ago...
but that was in Mississippi...
weeks leading up to Memorial day are the best around here! Lots of interested shoppers...unfortunately, same thing on the new purchase side...

You may have better luck with a dealer wanting to move some 07 inventory right now...

csumerall
09-11-2007, 12:19 AM
Im currently trying to sell my outback and ive had all of 3 calls on it so Ill probably try again in the spring

llxlv
09-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I've sold a couple of boats right after the boat show. I think people go and look, then get sticker shock and start shopping for used ones.

zabooda
09-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I buy boats this time of year and in the winter. I buy well below book and I'm doing the seller a favor by taking it off their hands so they can buy nexts years model.

Buttafewcoe
09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
I keep mine and then listen to all the horror stories I hear.
:roll:
B

outback 4
09-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I probably won't get what I want out of it during this time of year, so it sounds like it may be in the garage all winter. No worries, it's still a good place to have a couple cold ones :lol:

csumerall
09-12-2007, 08:39 PM
What are you thinking about selling it for , Im also selling mine Im just trying to see if maybe im asking too much

outback 4
09-13-2007, 10:21 AM
If I could get 28,000 for it i'd be happy. I got it brand new last February with 0 hours.

wakevet
09-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I probably won't get what I want out of it during this time of year, so it sounds like it may be in the garage all winter. No worries, it's still a good place to have a couple cold ones :lol:

now that's positive thinking!! is your boat an outback V drive? how many hours? loaded up with all the goodies?

outback 4
09-21-2007, 09:57 AM
it's the DD, not the V. it has 75 hours on it and has the rad-a-cage tower, board racks, pop up cleats, tower bimini, upgraded kenwood stereo, full logo cover. it's a GREAT boat for the money but i like to dream big.

zabooda
09-21-2007, 10:33 AM
My recommendation is to park the boat at the boat shows next year in a location where people come into the show. You will get lookers who can't afford new. You can advertise on Craigslist and the Giant Nickle in the spring when someone can test drive the boat and when people start looking. There are a lot of comp ski boats in the area but I don't see very many used ones for sale. Also, the Hanford site is ramping up construction again so I would expect 5,000 more workers this winter in the area earning Bechtel bucks.