PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba Owner

Poikonen
09-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I will soon take delivery of a black 2006 Mobius LSV (perfect pass, heaters, gravity III ballast, tower speakers, bimini, appearance package, 325 Indmar, 48 hours, dual axle trailer, etc.)

First, at $35,500 it seems like I got a good deal.

Second, is this a good family boat as well. I did my homework and think it is. I have 4 kids, 2 of which like to ski, board and surf now (as do I) so that is important, but so is seating, deeper freeboard, a dry ride (drier than the DD's I see out there) ease of use, etc..

Am I making a good choice???

P.S. how big of an adjustment to the slow speed handling compared to an I/O??

04OUTBACK
09-06-2007, 07:07 PM
Great Choice. I just switched from a 04 Outback Dir drive to an 06 LSV. Love it. You are getting a great deal.
Will be a great family boat. Only slow speed handling difference will be at near 0mph as the rudder is behind the prop not connected as an I/O Be patient around docks and you'll learn how to move it a round. Also, the Inboards have much better handling than I/O at cruising/towing speeds.

You did not mention wake plate.. does it have that? That will help some with the water skiing. Unless you will be running a slalom course, you'll love the LSV. The wake is not bad at slalom speed, just not tournament flat. I don't do any slalom skiing so not a prob for me!

deerfield
09-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Poiko - Congratulations on a good deal on a great boat and welcome to the Moomba family! :D - Deerfield

Poikonen
09-07-2007, 12:14 AM
It does also have a wake plate.

wakevet
09-07-2007, 11:25 AM
sweet boat, but then I might be kinda biased seeing as I just took possession of my Yellow/Blue 06 Mobius LSV!!

Sled491
09-07-2007, 10:54 PM
That's a great deal, you'll never regret the move to a tournament boat. IO's are basically just cruisers, you'll notice the difference ASAP. :D

Buttafewcoe
09-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Sled's right. I don't miss me 'ol Bayliner at all. Although I do have to say the I/O taught me alot of do's and don'ts about boating. I certainly was ready for the upgrade.
B

Poikonen
09-08-2007, 10:58 PM
I've had i/o's and been around boats for 20+ years. This is my first inboard and I am ready for the change.
[/img]