PDA

View Full Version : gauge problems

BlunderDownUnder
09-05-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm reposting this here to hopefully get some responses...

Anyone had any problems with your gauges cutting in and out, or somedays not working? I have an '01 mobius, and the last few times out I experienced periods where the gauges wheren't working. tank on E, speedo on 0, tach on 0, etc. Two times out ago, this happened, but drove around a bit and next thing i know they were working again. Thought maybe it got some moisture and eventually dried out. I was out yesterday for a good 8 hours, they were fine when i started it to warm it up, came back from parking the trailer and they were off, and they didn't come back on all day. I messed around with the battery and ignition, hoping cutting power would allow them to reset, but nothing. They will do that "whinding" that i usually hear when i first click the ignition on, but then they don't move from there.

Anyone else with a similar problem or possible ideas?

NC05LSV
09-05-2007, 06:12 PM
I havent experienced a problem of that magnitude yet. My depth finder was doing something similar and I found that one of the butt splice connectors had let the sensing wire slip a little so it would come on when I hit a big bump for a while and then stop working again. Replaced the connector and it works fine now. Probably a lose connection in your harness somewhere. Your gauges will be seperate from your switches for power so it may be a little more challenging to find where the lose connection/short is. Wish I could give you more help but you will probably have to start cutting flex ties and try and locate it. It has to be on the mainline coming in though because of everything cutting out together. Are the blower/bilge/nav lights/stereo still working? I would assume they are if it is a lose connection on the starting harness.

NH Moomba
09-05-2007, 09:39 PM
It sounds like the classic medallion controller problem. Search around on this board for MDC 1600.

dtlaine
09-06-2007, 03:56 AM
I have a 2000 model, and there is a box on the back of the boat behind the carpeted trim. There is a plug with about 6 or 8 wires coming out of it. My gauges have gone dead a couple times. I just unplug it, blow it out, and it seems to work again for while. Maybe that will help.

BlunderDownUnder
09-06-2007, 10:59 AM
correct, the switches all still work fine.

thanks for the thoughts guys.... i'll play around with it this week and i'll give you an update.