PDA

View Full Version : prop repair in S.E.Michigan.

james yarosz
09-03-2007, 10:52 AM
We spent last week on vacation on Dale Hollow lake in Tenn. For some reason my wife tried to drive over a one foot deep sand bar.Luckily all that happened was a small ding in the prop.Looking for suggestions for a good prop shop in S.E. Michigan.

zabooda
09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
You may want to consider shipping the prop to a good repair shop then you can pick from across the country and others on the Moomba board can give their recommendations. I've had good results with Precision Propeller in Spokane Washington where I've sent my I/O props but luckily I've had no experience repairing the DD prop. Good luck.

http://www.precisionpropco.com/

Buttafewcoe
09-03-2007, 09:46 PM
Sure....blame it on the wife!
:roll:
B

james yarosz
09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
The worst part was she was mad at ME,cause I drove by her in a 80foot houseboat and didn't stop to help.I wasn't getting anywhere near that sand bar in the houseboat! :roll:

04OUTBACK
09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
May want to have someone check your shaft to be sure it was not bent any.. It does not take much.. I bent mine this summer on a stump.. Only thing that would worry me due to the sand bar is if the boat sat on the sandbar with weight on the prop, it could have bent a little..

Good luck.. I looked into the online shops. There is a local shop here that does good work but I am in Mississippi.. Check with your dealer to see if they recommend anyone.. One of my riding friends bent his and got it back in a week so if you go local, it may be a bit faster... Although i would probably go cheapest..HA :lol:

anabolicone
09-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I have the 14 x 14.25 OJ wakeboard prop on my 07 LSV - BTW this an expensive prop - We were up at Lake Norman about a month ago with about 10 friends when we hit a hidden shoal in the middle of the lake. Went under with goggles and found my prop to be pretty chewed up. After much looking around on the net and consulting my dealer - sent prop off to Murphys Propellers in Norfolk, VA www.murphyspropellers.com
Took about a week and $160 and I was back in business.

Good Luck - those prop chops are never any fun 8)

jburnside
09-06-2007, 01:04 PM
Jim,
I know several people that have used Wolverine Propeller in Licoln Park with great succes. They are a certified Prop Scan shop and really seem to know their stuff. Give them a call. They can be reached at (313) 383-0020 or 1-866-PROPGUY.

They are also on the web at www.wolverinepropeller.com