PDA

View Full Version : Carb vs EFI

Poikonen
09-02-2007, 08:49 AM
Is there anytihng to worry about with the 310 hp carb motor over the 325 hp EFI (besides the 15hp)?

Buttafewcoe
09-02-2007, 11:45 AM
If you're a gearhead, nope, nothing to worry about.
Actually, you don't have to be a gearhead, just follow a couple simple rules, i.e., pump the throttle a couple times to set the choke b4 starting and give an extra min to warm up.
Me '04 OB has 225 hrs on it and the carburated engine has been flawless.
B

racerready
09-04-2007, 12:39 PM
I have just over 400 hrs on my 01 Mobius carburated engine. Starts and runs like a charm, just a quick half throttle and back before I turn the key and it fires up from cold everytime.

04OUTBACK
09-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I really enjoyed my carb 310 on my 04 Outback.. Just switched to an LSV with EFI... Great so far, but I miss the simplicity of the Carb model.. no real electronics around the engine.. Also, the Drive by wire on the EFI seems to make throttle control a bit more difficult... Glad I got Perf Pass!

I never had any cranking issues on my Carb.. ONLY issue I ever had was if i idled through a no wake zone for a long time and then cut off, it seemed to slightly flood a little at restart, but always cranked...

If you like doing your own engine maintenance, Carb is a touch easier!

Brian Raymond
09-04-2007, 11:37 PM
The above statements are correct. To ensure long lasting reliability and minimal running issues, be sure to stabilize the fuel in the tank, and run for a bit when winterizing. Brian Raymond