PDA

View Full Version : Attacked by flying fish!!!!

SEARK
09-02-2007, 08:45 AM
By now I'm sure most people have seen the video on utube of the guys shooting the "flying carp" with bows and arrows. If not you need to see. Anyway, the fish are now in our lake and we have seen them all summer, usually after we go under the only bridge on the lake at idle speed. Yesterday we put the boat in about 2:00 and were heading back towards the house where the smooth water was. Kids were sitting in the bow and my wife was in the spotter seat. Just ride'n about 25 mph when one of the fish jumped in front of us. As timing would have it, we went right under him. It was like a bug on the windshield, except he didn't hit the windshield, he hit the ski pole (DD boat). The thing missed my 2 kids by inches, he did hit my wife's foot as he came through the boat. This fish was between 15 and 20 lbs, could have caused serious injury had he hit one of the kids. When he hit the ski pole it exploded. Needless to say the day was over before it ever got started. Spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning fish blood out of the carpet (not fun). Luckily it all came out, but it was one hell of a mess.
Attacks by flying fish will ruin your day. :(

04OUTBACK
09-02-2007, 09:22 AM
SEARK,
Sounds like you have a YouTube Video opportunity!!!! Now you got me rethinking the trip to Chicot! HAHA

BW

SEARK
09-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about. That kinda stuff only happens to me. I can laugh about it today, but yesterday it wasn't too funny.

desert wake 360
09-02-2007, 08:07 PM
flying fish, swimming rattlesnakes.....maybe I should take up sailing. 8)

04OUTBACK
09-02-2007, 08:31 PM
If any of you saw INNUENDO DVD or the Pull episode on Fuel that shows the Innuendo crew riding on the Pearl River here... They showed a bunch of BIG gators!! I never see any riding .. but they are there. WE have limited entry Gator hunt this month.. They always get some HUGE Gators...

WHat I don't See I don't worry about.. yeah...ask the surfer who got bit by the shark about that....

BW

SEARK
09-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm hope'n the gators in Chicot will eat the flying fish. :lol:

Sled491
09-03-2007, 11:18 PM
I thought the Mosquitos the size of humming birds was a problem. You got that beat hands down! :shock:

hiqualityH2O
09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Amazing story! You know... when you want to catch a fish you can't and when you don't they jump in and mess up your boat!