PDA

View Full Version : ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR DEALER

KANDI 03 LSV
07-30-2003, 06:28 PM
I LOVE MY NEW BOAT BUT I CAN'T FIND ANY OP.EQUIP. FOR IT AND THATS WHERE (ONLY AS GOOD AS YOUR DEALER) COMES FROM.MINE IS JUST USELESS!!!!! HE GOT HIS MONEY FOR THE BOAT AND THATS ALL THAT THEY CARE ABOUT. AND AS FOR SKIERS CHOICE THREE PHONE CALLS IN THE LAST THREE WEEKS AND THEY STILL HAVE NOT RETURNED A CALL, I GUESS THE FRUIT DOES NOT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE.I KNOW THAT I SOUND KIND OF BITTER BUT AT $38,000 I THINK THAT I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE. THE SAD PART ABOUT THIS IS THAT MY LOCAL MASTERCAFT DEALER HAS BEEN BENDING OVER BACKWARDS TO HELP ME FIND THINGS FOR MY NEW LSV. WITH ONLY 13 HOURS ON IT. I THINK THATS WHY PEOPLE SPEND $10,000 MORE FOR A MASTERCRAFT ITS FOR THE OUTSTANDING COSTUMER SERVICE THAT SKIER CHOICE AND THERE DEALERS ARE LAC.KING

skibohdi
07-30-2003, 09:39 PM
You are absolutely right about the fact that you are only as good as your dealer. I personally have had the total opposite problem that you have had. Two yaers ago when I started the search for a boat my local mastercraft dealer would not even give me the time of day when I walked into the show room. I had a salesman even laugh when I asked the price, this after I was in the show room for over a half hour. After another half hour I was still left alone and I never did find out an exact price. I hooked up with my current dealer at our local spring boat show. They were awsome from the start. They even paid for a hotel room for my wife and I when we visited to make the deal final. Since my purchase, the local mastercraft dealer has picked up the Moomba,Supra line as well. However, I was treated so poorly the first time I visited them that I opt to drive 200 miles to have my sevice and warranty work done. As for Skiers Choice, they have always responded in a timely and professional manner. The point is, I think the manufacturers need to do a little more research into their dealers before letting them offer their line.

Just my opinion - Doc

waterboy
07-31-2003, 06:06 AM
Sorry to hear about your experience, Kandi. It seems to me the folks at Skier's Choice go the extra mile to make sure all their customers are happy. I think they are slowly weeding out the dealers that cannot meet their expectations.
Here in central Florida the dealer is a great guy to do business with.
There are also 2 sides to every story, and I'm sure that the company is not deliberately ignoring you. Someone will read your post and respond, I'm sure.
In the meantime, how about losing the caps?

Brian

DCM
07-31-2003, 08:30 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not making excuses for the non-returned phone calls, but they are tooling up for the 04 models and their annual dealers meeting right now. On top of that Skiers is working on getting ready to move into their new plant. The guys at the plant and the guys who monitor the boards are always more than willing to help via email or phone in just about any situation. Hats off to you guys, Brian, Matt, and Jay! Sorry to hear that your local was such a bum, maybe one of the factory boys could find you a respectable dealer somewhere close.

noneya
07-31-2003, 03:04 PM
What are you looking for? The people on this board are usually helpful and I know Skiers Choice monitors it. I've also had great customer service here in the Dallas area and gotten timely replies on most of my messages to Skiers Choice.

sextons
07-31-2003, 05:21 PM
What type of equip. are you looking for, if my dealer hasn't been able to find it I've e-mailed Brian and Skier's Choice has shipped what ever I need almost the same day.

2003 Mobious LSV