PDA

View Full Version : Trailer brakes locked

SEARK
08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I have an 07 boatmate trailer and the brakes have locked on them. I can go foward but no reverse. That would be ok except for getting boat in the water. Anyone have this problem? I have pushed the release tab under the hitch but no luck. I need help or no lake today. :x

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

kmcg
08-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Check out his web site. http://www.ufpnet.com/ You can download a video with instructions for mechanically disabling the brake actuator. I have used the head of a bolt to keep the actuator on from moving backwards when I did not have the bracket.

SEARK
08-26-2007, 02:31 PM
problem solved. blown fuse in truck. wire was grounding in trailer hitch. fixed and all is good with the world again. :D

Pike
08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
problem solved. blown fuse in truck. wire was grounding in trailer hitch. fixed and all is good with the world again. :D

I had a similar problem when I went on a long trip. I wouldn't go in reverse and all the fuses in my truck were fine. Turns out it was a broken wire coming out of the trailer plug.

If we hadn't fixed it our only other option would be to take off the two front tires of the trailer to be able to back the boat into the water.

This of course was a last resort. Luckily my bro-in-law was able to re-wire it.