PDA

View Full Version : 06 LSV ballast?

Derek03
08-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Hi all, I just got a new 06 LSV last weekend. The dealer had it in storage and thought it was an 07 untill they unwraped it. I was going to get an 07 X-1 untill I came across this boat. It was a pretty good deal that was hard to pass on. The wake is pretty good with the Gravity III, especially since I am coming from an I/O. I have a flyhigh 750# bag leftover from the old boat and was thinking of getting another to replace the rear bags.

I dont know what the stock bags weight but the rears look small. I would probably just keep the front bag and that would put me pretty close to a 60/40 weight distribution, if the front weight 600# like I have seen. Has anyone seen this setup or something close to the same weight distrubution? Right now the wake seems kinda mellow and I would like it a little more rampy.

Also the boat didnt come with a wakeplate. Is this worth getting?

I have only been out one weekend but so far I am extremely happy with my purchase.

cab13367
08-26-2007, 05:16 AM
Derek,

Congrats on the new boat. The 06 LSV Gravity III came stock with 275# each in the rear lockers and 400# in the front for a total of 950#. My bags have a decal with a number on it and I believe that the last 6 digits represent the dimensions of the bag in inches. You can take that info and go to wakeside.com and confirm the size and weight.

I have a wakeplate on mine and like and use it a lot. I use it mainly to settle the front end if it starts to bounce up and down too much (like trimming your I/O's lower unit), and I also use it to tweak the wake when surfing.

Hope that helps.

Al

Derek03
08-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Wow only 950#. I was hoping it was 1100# like the 07. Mabey I will get the 750s and put one the the smaller bags in the front with the center bag.

deeluk
08-26-2007, 11:08 PM
I have an '04 LSV. I run 2 500s in the back (the 19x19x42 bags), the stock 400 in the front, and a LaunchPad 450 in the walkway. Around 1800 total. The wake is pretty sweet.

Derek03
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I think what I may do is put the 750s in the rear, leave the 400 in the floor and put one or two of the stock rear bags in the front. I would probably look at some kind of pump upgrade to fill faster.

My biggest problem is the wife doesnt want the fuel consumption to go up. I talked to the dealer and they told me about a new prop that malibu is making that is 14x14.5 that is supposed to really help with that. I quess I will have to see