PDA

View Full Version : Madison area lakes NO WAKE ZONE

Rugburn
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM
They just announced yesterday that all the lakes in the Madison Wisconsin area are completely no wake. We have had a record amount of rain in a month than any total recorded. Bad timing, I just bought my first wakesurf board 3 days ago.

We have a few smaller lakes within an hours drive. I bet these will be full of other Madison area boaters as well.

I went down to Lake Mendota yesterday and the no wake markers were only halfway out of the water and boats on lifts were banging around floating.

BLKOUTLS
08-25-2007, 12:11 AM
I heard tonight Twin Lakes and others went no wake as well. All the waterways here in Northern Il. are closed or no wake. I am on the Fox River and its a real nightmare right now.

deerfield
08-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Also, Lake Geneva and Lauderdale Lakes in Wisconsin are no wake this weekend.

TimGT3
08-25-2007, 12:17 PM
We will gladly take your excess water here in NC. They have closed ramps and beaches at two of our area lakes and are threatening to shut down ALL ramps if the water levels drop much futher (Lake Norman, Lake Wylie, and Mountain Island Lake)

Hopefully the mid-west and south will level out and everyone can get back to it!

Buttafewcoe
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey man, Lake Hickory is just a couple feet under full pool. It has been raining a lot in the mountains and we're just under 'em in the foothills.
Not only crap rolls downhill, appearently water does too!! :lol:
Dusty Ridge is the best place to put in. Oxford and Whittenburg docks are showing their age.
B

deerfield
08-25-2007, 10:15 PM
B - What is the tattoo? :?: - Deerfield

Buttafewcoe
08-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Just a friend of mine
:D
B

RockLakeMoomba
08-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Rock Lake over in Lake Mills (WI) is probably up over 10 inches. Pieces of docks all over the lake, and no wake over here too.

rshea99
08-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Bring some of that water to Ar. we had to paddle out past the boat ramp to get into deep water before we could fire the boat up. They have 10 pumps putting water in the lake but with are 3rd week of 100 degree weather its drying it up is quick is they can put it in.

rshea99
08-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow down to 3 pumps now said it was costing to much to run all ten pumps to have it dry right back up, that sucks. Wish we had all the rain down here.

Rugburn
08-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Labor Day weekend and Madison Lakes are still no wake. Most are heading to either Lake Wisconsin or Big Green Lake (thats where Im headed on Monday). The guys at the local West Marine look bored.

Oh, and I went ropeless with my new surfboard last week. Im hooked.