PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Stains in Vinyl LSV 2007

mvd
08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Hi,

I discovered some very small yellow stains in the vinyl of my boat.
They ar very small light yellow stains. It looks if they come out of the vinyl after it is beeing wet.

Anyone comon with this problem?

anabolicone
08-24-2007, 12:20 AM
have had same problem

mvd
08-24-2007, 11:22 AM
So what can i do about it? Is it cleanable???

It should be an common problem i think, so there also should be an sollution :?:

VA LSV
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
I see them where my cushions meet after getting wet. I clean stains and dirt with G&T Vinyl Cleaner and then 303. G&T has a new line of cleaners out now.
http://www.ephxcleaners.com/

desert wake 360
09-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Had the same problem. Used all diffrent types of cleaners, nothing worked. finally came across some 3M cleaning sponges (one side is white, the other is blue). For some reason, they have enough abrasion to lift the stain (using vinyl cleaner), without effecting the vinyl. Hope that helps.

mvd
09-03-2007, 01:56 AM
Had the same problem. Used all diffrent types of cleaners, nothing worked. finally came across some 3M cleaning sponges (one side is white, the other is blue). For some reason, they have enough abrasion to lift the stain (using vinyl cleaner), without effecting the vinyl. Hope that helps.

Thanks DW360.

Can you provide me with the type this cleaning sponges are? I live in europe so i have to order them outside my country. Maybe you have an online store where i can order them?

Thanks

desert wake 360
09-03-2007, 09:12 PM

Thanks DW360.

Can you provide me with the type this cleaning sponges are? I live in europe so i have to order them outside my country. Maybe you have an online store where i can order them?

Thanks

they are Scotch Brite " easy erasing Pads" made by 3M. I don't know where you can get them in Europe. But the phone # here for them is 1-800-846-8887 or www.scotch-brite.com