PDA

View Full Version : 07 versus an 08

bambam26
08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
What kind of deals can you usually find at the boat show's? I know that the dealers are trying to get rid of the 07 models now for good deal's but you get what they have with no choice of color and option etc... Do you think it is worth waiting til the boat show (january for us) or to buy now? Also is there many big changes expected in either the Outback or the Outback V? Thanks this forum is awesome.......Bambam

Buttafewcoe
08-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Boat Show deals, hands down. Plus, if you find a leftover '07 and want it, even a better deal can be had.
B

deerfield
08-23-2007, 12:42 PM
bambam – Go to the boat show. My story: In 1987, to help pay for grad school, I sold a Nautique. Fast forward almost twenty years to fall of 2006. I walked into a southern Wisconsin dealer’s show room and told him I had a budget of $20,000 and would be in the market for a used Nautique or Mastercraft come February. As my sons will attest, I was completely clueless about a new sport called wakeboarding and the fact that most boats today are open bow. The dealer gently awakened me to the 21st century and, though he also carries the Nautique line, steered me to the Moomba line because of its budget conscious pricing. As a family we decided to spend a little more, take on the debt, and buy a new rather than used Moomba. Our priority was a tournament quality ski towboat. Secondary was a towboat for beginner-intermediate wakeboarders. We met up with the dealer at the January boat show. In addition to a list of standard factory incentives, the dealer gave us a package of services that had real value. A factory representative also helped sweeten the deal. We ended up with a new 2007 Outback, exactly how we wanted it in terms of color and equipment from top to bottom, for a price of $33,100 that made a lot of sense for our cash flow. Through this experience we have developed a relationship with an established dealer who appreciates our business and takes care of our boat. A boat show purchase was the right route for our family. - Deerfield :D

bambam26
08-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Well deerfield you sold me, we will wai til January and see what happens. This was the direction I was leaning and your situation sounds like mine. You sound like you are very happy with your boat. Thanks...........Bambam

deerfield
08-23-2007, 01:59 PM
bambam - I can send you a spreadsheet that lists each item in the purchase of our boat, including items such as in/out service we negotiated to be included at no cost and various taxes. It served as a "control" document throughout our buying experience to help ensure that at close we were completely within budget, had not forgotten anything, and there would be no surprises or dissapointment for anyone - my kids, my wife, me, or, equally important, the dealer. Shoot me an email and I'll be more than happy to forward. - Deerfield