PDA

View Full Version : help me out

bambam26
08-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey everyone, I am new here and need some advice. My wife and I have decided to purchase a new boat this coming year. This will be our first boat other then sea dooo's. Here is my info; we want an all round family ski boat, I am 6'6" 280 pounds and I love to ski. I have 4 kids and they want to ski and board and tube. I want a fun boat that my wife will enjoy riding in and a boat that can fit all our basic needs. We are not in the water everyday but we hit the lake about once a week and about 2-3 weeks we vacation at the lake . I am leaning towards the basic outback for skiing and general use as well as the price. Since this is our first boat what can you all tell me about purchasing and about what might fit our needs best.

ATLOUTBACKV
08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
go with the outback v..... more room, and storage

csumerall
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
I have a outback direct drive and love it, I am selling it due to the fact that im only home once a month anymore if your interested pm me, Its an 06 and comes with a custom bimini top, wakeboard racks, 2 hyperlite wakeboards, tube, tow rope for both 4 neoprene cwb life vests , 3 childrens vest as well as 6 el cheapo orange vests.

csumerall
08-20-2007, 09:29 PM
do you have a email address to send them to, it a lot easier to send them as an attachment

bambam26
08-20-2007, 09:35 PM
[email protected]

csumerall
08-20-2007, 09:51 PM
there you go let me know if you have anymore questions

bambam26
08-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks I will.............

Sled491
08-20-2007, 11:15 PM
It's me the wife and 3 kids, every one skiis and tubes, we bought our 07 outback this year and couldn't be happier. But if Wakeboarding is at all in your future buy for it today. Upgrading in the future(adding tower, ballast etc) costs more after the fact. Add it now as an option and it's only a couple of grand. Like ATL said though the v drive has more open room if you have the extra ching, and is a better wakeboarding boat. If no wakeboarding in your future and want a bigger boat look at the Mobious LS or the outback LS, 1ft bigger and a touch wider, would make all the differnece, again a little more money, but might be worth it 8)

ATLOUTBACKV
08-20-2007, 11:39 PM
I have a outback direct drive and love it, I am selling it due to the fact that im only home once a month anymore if your interested pm me, Its an 06 and comes with a custom bimini top, wakeboard racks, 2 hyperlite wakeboards, tube, tow rope for both 4 neoprene cwb life vests , 3 childrens vest as well as 6 el cheapo orange vests.

any pics of the custom bimini??????

JoeTechie
08-21-2007, 09:19 AM
For room and use and family fun - Get the "V". HUGE amounts of room, and storage and space for ballast. Add ballast to a base OB and you have zero room. Also the V is slightly larger and handles a chop better and has a little more freeboard.

-Joe

bambam26
08-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Keep your comments coming ........

deerfield
08-21-2007, 02:17 PM
bambam - My wife and I have three sons, ages 21, 19, and 14. Our 2007 Outback replaces a 1980 Ski Nautique. Water skiing is the priority for one of my sons and me. For two of my sons the priority is wakeboarding. My wife does none of the above but enjoys being on the boat. Our Outback was ordered with tower and rear ballast, creating the best combination for our family of accomplished skiers and beginner wakeboarders. Other options we chose include sound system upgrade, bimini top (a must), heater (really helps on those cold days), and, for peace of mind on long road trips, dual axle trailer. Orderd our boat through Lauderdale Lakes Marina at the Chicago show in January. Arrived in late March. Have more than fifty hours and love it. Does exactly what we had hoped. - Deerfield :D

MasterMind3002
08-21-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm with deerfield. I ordered my 07 Outback in February during our dealers boat show and saved thousands. We dont' use this boat for a cruiser.....we have a pontoon for that. This boat gets used for every kind of skiing imaginable including barefooting. I've pulled my home lakes ski team all summer with this boat and its pushing 80 hours. Its been totally flawless other than one sensor that the dealer repaired for me within 24 hours.

The Outback is an amazing boat! In case you can't tell.............I really like mine :D

bambam26
08-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I am getting more confused! I was leaning towards the V but now maybe I am leaning towards the outback!?!? Keep the comments coming.............

JoeTechie
08-22-2007, 10:04 AM
If true tourny level water ski wakes is what you are looking for, then the Base OB is the only way to go. Flat bottom, center drive, light, small, more manuverable, etc. = True "Ski-Boat".

If you want an all-around boat, then the "V" is worth the extra $4K. Better ballast, wakeboard designed hull that creates a wake without ballast. (wakeplate is a must to actually stop this so manditory add-on) more family friendly setup, more seating when someone is skiing (all rear seat on OB direct drive is behind the pylon and should never be used - pylon is behind all seating in a V-Drive) more storage even with ballast (more side storage, center locker, etc), and without ballast you can store small children in rear lockers. Slightly longer boat, wider boat, deeper boat (more freebord makes you feel less like you are ON the boat and more like you are IN the boat.)

Downsides to V = ski wake is "good to Very good" but that is it. Over 31 MPH it is much better, but still not near the OB. Requires the wakeplate = $ (but free if you get it during boat show) Slightly less manuverable than the Direct Drives.

Hope this helps w/ apples to apples.

-J

bambam26
08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Here is a question I have wondered about, I know that while skiing on the outback I will be using the center post and will not have the use of the rear seats, however if using the tower to pull a wakeboard can I use the back seats? Also where would I pull tubers from?

deerfield
08-22-2007, 01:54 PM
bambam - On the Outback:

Pull wakeboarders from the tower and people can sit in the rear bench. Pull tubers from the ski tow pylon and people cannot sit in the rear becnh. Pull tubers from the boat lift rings on the stern and they can.

The dealer cautioned me not to use the tower for pulling tubers. - Deerfield