PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Light Issue (Dimming)

cptmoomba
08-20-2007, 11:40 AM
This past weekend I was pulled over for a dim navigation light. No ticket just making me aware of the safety issue.

I was aware of this before. I replaced the bulb twice now and each time it is bright for about 30 seconds to a minute and then goes dim.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this, and if so how they remedied it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jason

BlunderDownUnder
08-20-2007, 03:35 PM
I have not experienced anything like that on my boat... but I have seen similar issues on other stuff... had a similar problem on my buddy's fourwheeler (headlight), and in my gf's apartment when she first moved in.

The apartment turned out that the wiring got messed up when the landlord had new bathroom fixtures put in. It seemed to work to them, swith worked, light turned on and off with the switch... but i could tell somethign was wrong. The landlord simply installed the wires wrong: the system was backfeeding the light. It was a SIMPLE fix.

I would say grab a voltmeter and check it out. Check the wires and connections for anything obvious.

Have you spliced anything into the lines (or has someone else before you)?

Any issue with the stern or anchor light.