PDA

View Full Version : 2 12's in the boat...do i need another battery...plus video

Limishowman3
08-19-2007, 11:52 PM
I want to put two 12's in my boat and then eventually some tower speakers. Would i need to buy another battery for them or is the boat battery good enough. Also about 4 weeks ago after just learning how to clear the wake...i did something and flew through the air and landed face first and my board came and hit me in the back of the head. I have a video of our session that day. Go here to watch and you will see my staples at the end of the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xslFWeLONks
Also check out my other videos...especially my our tankboarding video...it was when we where learning how to ride in a terrace after it rained alot.

Pike
08-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Thats pretty cool video. So explain how the board hit you in the head...I guess that's why I wear a helmet. I feel like a dork but getting hurt is not an option.

I actually cleared the wake for the first time today. :D Its amazing how once you do something new, you think....oh, thats it?!

04OUTBACK
08-20-2007, 08:04 AM
OUCH,
I would say you will be better off with two batteries if you add that much. I have 2 amps for 2 tower speakers and 1 10" sub and have no problems with only 1 battery, but I rarely park and run music for long times without running the motor. If you put two in, make sure you put in a Perko switch.. Search the board here for info on that.

Limishowman3
08-20-2007, 10:11 AM
thanks for the battery info. I have two options for my boat right now. either two 12's or 1 10...i have two friends who have subs but dont use them and wouldnt mind puting them in my boat. So will see what works and go from there.

For me the hardest part about that head injury was mental block i had when im riding...i think i have just gotten over it. Thats great that you just learn to clear the wake. I found out if you just go out and ride relaxed and dont try hard. You get some pretty good air. I also landed hs 180's in the flats yesterday and learned how to ride switch pretty good. The lake was amazing though yesterday, the last 30 mins before sound down was so beautiful and water so smooth. Everything just stopped and seemed so easy and simple. Going again today and hoping to hs 180 the wake