PDA

View Full Version : Outback LSV vs. Mobius LSV

dreamer69
08-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Whats the difference? Dealer is encouraging outback. We got home and compared sizes, They measure the same. List pricing is $2000 cheaper for the Outback, but the Mobius has $3000. more standered options. What do you recomend??

smokedog2
08-19-2007, 05:54 PM
They are the same boat. I have what is now the Outback v drive.

The Mobius is the cheaper way to get a bunch of options up front. You will want perfectpass, a wake plate, heaters etc. eventually.

In the long run, I’d get the color I liked the best, the difference between the rest is not going to be significant IMHO.

Enjoy,

SD2

04OUTBACK
08-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Smokedog hit it right. Same boat... The Mobius is packaged/optioned more for wakeboarding.
Best I can tell if you went online and built them exactly alike they would be pretty similar in cost, usually the outback LSV with tower and ballast seems to come up a little more expensive than a Mobius..

BW

anabolicone
08-20-2007, 12:00 AM
resale will be better on the LSV also

JoeTechie
08-20-2007, 12:50 AM
The ONLY difference between a Mobius and it's equivalent L series Outback (LS to LS or LSV to LSV) is the tower & gravity 1 ballast. That's $3090 in options, for $2000. The Mobius line has always been the wakeboard ready line. They are EXACTLY the same boat otherwise. If you want a tower, get the Mobius... unless you want to spend $1090 for um.... nothing ???? (possibly dealer getting some more $ ??? - that's pretty shady)

I am one of the few owners of an Outback LSV... I did not want the tower, but still wanted the size and room of the LSV. - so I saved $2k.

anabolicone - they are talking about comparing an LSV to an LSV. ? :)

-Joe

dreamer69
08-20-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks for the info.
That is the only thing we could figure out. ( tower and ballast)
It just did not make any sence why someone would buy the outback and not the mobuis if they were going to put a tower on it.