PDA

View Full Version : Moomba decals given by Moomba

moombaschleg
07-29-2003, 03:46 PM
We bought an Outback LS, '03 last summer. I requested a decal from Moomba, and they sent me one. It was cold when I applied it, and it began peeling right off. I figured it was because it was cold. I received two more this year from my dealer, so I tried applying another one. It held "okay" for a week or so, but as soon as I washed my truck, the pressure from the garden hose, not a high pressure hose, loosed the sticker from the window significantly. Has anyone else had this problem?

I love to display the Moomba decal with pride, and the white looks great on my tinted window and white truck. But, I now I want to take the whole thing off because now all the corners are peeling, it looks cheap. Surely they make one that sticks better, i.e. the ones that are on the Boat Mate trailer, or one that sticks as well as the ones that advertise the dealer where you bought your car or boat. I would probably even be willing to pay for one that actually stayed.

Thanks

jburnside
07-29-2003, 04:43 PM
I have a sticker that replicates the graphics on the side of our boat, '03 Outback LS. Is this the same one you have been given? Mine has been on my truck for 3 months with no problems (repeated washings at the coin-op wash). I just cleaned the window with glass cleaner before I stuck it on. It looks awesome on the tinted rear window of our F-150 Supercrew. I'd give one more a try before throwing in the towel. Maybe the boys over at 3M didn't get enough adhesive on a batch for Skiers Choice.

Brian Raymond
07-29-2003, 10:21 PM
Most all decals are created the same, it is all in the cleaning preperation and the application. Be sure to clean the area w/Windex, do not use off brands, there levels of ammonia are lower and may contain waxes. Once cleaned, spray the area and backside of the decal with a low soap to water ratio, this will enable you to move it slightly w/out tearing. Then, use a 3"squeegee or credit card, and use light pressure at first, to press down the lettering and remove trapped air. The outside paper covering will become dry, start peeling it back from a top corner, pulling back, not up. If you should have any air bubbles in the lettering, use the end of a razor blade to pop it and force the air/water out by finger, hope this helps. Brian Raymond

waterboy
07-30-2003, 05:30 AM
I haven't had any problems with my decals either, they've been on for a year now. I would like to see a variety of colors or sizes offered, however. There are decals for sale on ebay once in a while, too. They are not from Skier's Choice, so I don't know how accurate they are.

Brian

rrmuf
08-05-2003, 10:03 AM
Where can I get Moomba Boomerang decals for the 1999 year?