PDA

View Full Version : looking for wakeboard boat.

keith kile
08-18-2007, 04:46 PM
wondering the pros and cons of the mobius and outback? I am leaning more towards the mobius. just curious whats better on it verses the outback for the price diffrence? thanks.

04OUTBACK
08-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Keith,
See my Outback I just listed in Classifieds. 04 with Tower. Brittany Blue. I am planning on moving up to LSV soon. Just changed the oil last night. 155 hrs, new perf. prop (OJ XMP 13x11 3 Blade) Just replaced shaft, strut bearings and rope packing...Always covered/stored in a covered storage. Excellent condition. $22,500. I am located in Central Mississippi.
PM me and I can get you a phone number and additional photos.

Brad

keith kile
08-18-2007, 08:08 PM
I see your boat and it looks awesome. but just wondering why you going to the lsv over what you have? your boats priced right, but I want a big wake and the best. how do the wakes differ in the mobius and yours? I am used to a non v drive boat and its a pain to trim,set speed and stay consistent, and I am sure it does not come out the whole like a v drive. I am ready for a good wake boat and will have to choose one of the two boats just don't know which one. if you don't mind send pics of your boat to [email protected] and I will look it over. but the more I look at the mobius the more I go that way. thanks for your help and info though.

04OUTBACK
08-18-2007, 09:26 PM
The wake is good with a full boat (7 people) or with some ballast. I have a 540 lb bag and a 250 lb bag now. My main goal is the v-drive cockpit, and auto ballast.
The Outback hull is a little flatter than Mobius. It will run an AWESOME slalom wake. Performance wise(getting out of the hole) the DD is awesome. I don't have any trouble towing with a full boat or with ballast.
When you say you used a non V Drive boat, I am assuming a Inboard/Outboard... You are correct, they are a pain as they generally underpowered and are hard to keep on a plane... I can pull someone up to 12 mph and keep them slow while learning and there is NO planing issues... These hulls ride pretty flat compared to an I/O due to the prop being under the boat.

There are plenty of folks on here who get awesome wakes out of an Outback. There is no question, I anticipate a little better wake out of an LSV than the Outback.

One thing I love about Direct Drive is the engine is a breeze to maintain as it is so easy to reach everything. I winterize myself, change oil, change impeller, even the shaft, packing, etc.

The 04 and 05 LSV's are only 2" longer than my Outback. They are the same hull as the Outback V now. '06 they added the 21'6" hull for Mobius LS and LSV.
I'll get more photos tomorrow for you and email them.

Thanks,

Buttafewcoe
08-19-2007, 04:50 AM
I own an 04 OB. Easy to maintain and a nice intermediate wake @ WB speeds.
Although sometimes I think to myself....'Self, wouldn't you rather have a V-drive?' And I'd be lyin' ifn I said no, the OB does seem to have less issues perhaps because, IMO, it's a simpler craft to operate (noted from some of the posts here, prolly just statistics talking and we know from experience we hear the bad stuff way more than good stuff).
I'm gonna hang on to me OB, if the Missus will let me. :D
B