PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Guage

joe98684
08-13-2007, 01:43 PM
So far am somewhat pleased with my 2007 LSV. A few minor problems that I have dealt with, but overall a great boat for the $$. My most recent issue is with the fuel guage. Always worked well up until recently. Normally I get my boat from my storage unit, and while loading it with gear I will turn the key on to see how much fuel I have. Now when I do this, the fuel guage immediately buries WELL below empty, even when I have 3/4 or more in the tank. When I put the boat in the water, the guage will climb back and get a accurate reading. It now does this ALL the time. Any one else had this problem? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Buttafewcoe
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Check wiring @ the gage. Also check wiring @ the fuel sending unit. Looking for a loose ground or loose hot feed. When I first got me OB, one of the eyelets on the temp gage was loose causing an intermittent reading.
Hope this helps
B

gammapark
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
If your boat is doing this same thing time after time it may be that the angle of the boat on the trailer is making the gauge float sit at a postion where it reads empty. Once in the water it may level out with a correct reading. Just a thought.......

joe98684
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Well it turns out that I wasnt getting a good ground connection at the wire connector right at the fuel tank. A fewminutes of taking the floor plat out and it was all fixed. Thanks for the help!