PDA

View Full Version : several issues...any recourse?

drob07
08-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey everyone. I have owned a Moomba for about 2 years ( bought it new in 05 - mobius lsv). I have only put about 120 hours on it so it has not been used too much but nonetheless, have had several issues over the course of our 2 year ownership. We had a one year warranty on it but that has obviously run dry and we are now looking at a steering control problem. Now, in a regular situation, I would say to just pay the repair cost and move on. But I feel because of our long list of problems (not worth mentioning them all) we should have some recourse through moomba. I have called and called and also written e-mails to the company but have gotten NO response. Oddly enough, last year I wrote one e-mail and I got a call back a few days after. I don't know if anyone else has been down this road but any advice or insight would be greatly beneficial. Thanks

zabooda
08-08-2007, 07:16 PM
I have emailed and called SC along with Trailer Mate and I've gotten great responses. I assume that you were working through your dealer during the warrenty period. The long list you speak of should have been worked on during the warrenty period with your dealer and corrected. Anything after the warrenty period is your issue unless you can tie it to problems worked on or formally addressed during the warrenty period and not fixed correctly. It is no different than with anything else, after the warrenty runs out your on your own. If you have a large list of things that need fixing then SC will probably refer you back to your dealer for repairs. I 've had single issues that SC was receptive in answering as these people have other work that needs to be done and there is only so much that be done over the phone.

Buttafewcoe
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
B.O.A.T.....Break Out Another Thousand.
Preventive maintenence is the key to reducing costly repairs. Not that you haven't been doing any. Letting a piece of machinery set is not good for it. Stuff need worked, moved, lubed, etc. Heck, I go out in my garage in the winter, climb in and 'play' with stuff just for that reason. I spin the prop by hand three or four times a month, just move stuff to remind it that it does move.
Me 04' OB is going on 4 years old and going strong. No mechanical issues. I did get a little water (condensation) on the back of the head unit, but all was good, I wanted to replace it w/ an mp3 one anywho.
B

NC05LSV
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I have owned a few boats along the road and have learned a pretty important lesson: you have to stay ahead on maintenance etc or it will pile up and get worse and worse.

That being said, SC and my dealer have always been right there whenever I have had a problem. I have friends with an X-2 and a VLX and both of them have had problems with their boats. Fixing and maintaining just go with the turf IMO.

I too have a 2005 LSV and had to replace the steering cable this year. You usually get somewhere between 3 and 4 years out of one and it is normal for them to wear out. If you keep them greased they will last longer. I would recommend doing it yourself. You can buy one online for about 130.00 bucks and install in about 1.5 hours pretty easily. Probably save 2-300 bucks.

Every boat I have owned has had it's share of issues. If you had manufacturer defects then I would be surprised if SC or your dealer wouldnt take care of them. If that is the case, find another dealer to work with.

drob07
08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I appreciate everyone's response. The thing that upsets me the most is how many issues I have gotten so quickly. I have gotten the standard tune ups and all that good stuff. I have never had a new boat before and I guess I had fairly high expectations. I find it odd how I have not gotten any feedback from SC even after several voice mails and e-mails. I am sure there are some things I have not done properly but for the most part, we have taken care of our boat. But then again, these things are all machines and can do odd things. I am taking my boat into a dealer to check out our current issues. We will see what is wrong with the steering and how much that will set us back.