PDA

View Full Version : water won't drain

desert wake 360
08-06-2007, 09:11 PM
i was wondering if anyone else has this issue.. everytime i take my 05 xlv out, i get water in the bow under the main ballast, it never drains out, so i have to manually remove it (fun). i still get it even when i don't use the ballast or the ice chest, i've also had the gasket around the propeller shaft replaced (i assume and expect that some water will still come in to lubricate the shaft) but i pull out about 5 gallons of H2o everytime. any suggestions would be helpful.

hiqualityH2O
08-06-2007, 10:57 PM
I get a lot of water under the center ballest bag as well (07 LSV) I pull the bag out and scoop it out it's a pain! I was thinking it was the cooler draining. I've read where water will come through the seam between the deck and hull (rub rail) but not sure that's it either, the rest of the bilge is pretty dry. It's not a huge deal but would rather not have it all wet. I'm curious too if anyone has an idea where the water is coming from.

Nafplio
08-07-2007, 02:03 AM
The ski locker drain is about the lowest point of the hull. Water just collects there. I've plugged mine. Occassionally, I'll get some water there but nothing like before.

JoeTechie
08-07-2007, 11:04 AM
The center locker for 06-07 LSVs are a problem - I have the same model. The built-in drain hole is a bit too high so about 1.5 " of water remain - about 2 gallons max.

Solutions:

* Shop-vac
* Add second bildge pump to ski locker.
* Drill holes lower on locker and let it drain back into bildge

How the hell is anyone getting the side of the boat so low for so long as to think they would get a lot of water between the hull and the deck seam ???

I read the post as well and that person is either drving like a maniac or is looking for solutions to a simple problem with overly complex answers.

Curious,

Joe

hiqualityH2O
08-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info. glad to know this is normal. I think I'll try drilling a hole below the existing drain.

As far as the seam's concern, the lake gets a little rough at times and water splashes up on the hull but that's it. When we're cruising the seam is no where near the water line.