PDA

View Full Version : Trading old boat

javamans
08-04-2007, 01:34 AM
I didn't quite get the offer i was looking for on my trade in, as expected...

Any online advise where to sell???

2006 Regal 1900 Bowrider
4.3 v6 190hp volvo penta
60hrs
kansas city, mo

looking to get lsv asap

Buttafewcoe
08-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Dealer dint want to get me what I thought my trade in was worth either. Ended up selling it outright and got double what dealer offered. Local newpaper, boat trader, Iwanna, wom.
Hope this helps
B

ATLOUTBACKV
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM
yeah the dealer wanted to give me less than i wanted for my donzi so i sold outright and made an extra 10 grand...it sold in less than 48 hrs on boattrader....

qb12
08-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I didn't quite get the offer i was looking for on my trade in, as expected...

Any online advise where to sell???

2006 Regal 1900 Bowrider
4.3 v6 190hp volvo penta
60hrs
kansas city, mo

looking to get lsv asap

i assume you are going to be dealing with extreme marine. if so they are a very good dealer.

sell it yourself, it won't take to long as long as you have it priced well.

kcsideways
08-04-2007, 12:28 PM
boatraderonline
boatcrazy
craigslist
local paper

Recall that you will pay sales tax on the difference when trading. Missouri does have a "window" for sales tax credit before and after the purchase of a boat...30 days?

Hope that helps out some.

javamans
08-07-2007, 06:17 PM
probably not the best place for an unbiased opinion, but the malibu vride is a little pricier but they're offering 3K more on my trade! i know they probably have some more wiggle room but any advic`e out there???

someone sell my regal as i can't even find time to get pictures

lowdrag
08-08-2007, 07:21 AM
Take the Malibu dealer's offer for trade back to the SC dealership and see if that will get them to move any.

JoeTechie
08-08-2007, 09:44 AM
The malibu is not offering you more for the boat, they are offering you more off their boat. That is how much they are marked up! Sale and trade are polar opposites.

So let's see:

Malibu = 58K - $9000 for your boat = 49K
Mobius = 48K - $6000 for your boat = 42K.

Hmmmm....

that is not very tough math IMHO.

If you want to SELL it - then use

http://www.boats.com/
or
http://www.boattraderonline.com/

or any of the others KC mentioned above.

-J

zabooda
08-08-2007, 10:58 AM
Just like buying a car. Negotiate the purchase and trade-in as seperate deals and see what you get. If you do both at the same time the dealer can change numbers on the purchase price and the trade-in price to look good in your perspective. Dealers start high on the purchase price and low on the trade-in and that gives the dealer the ability to adjust to what will sway the buyer. Lock in the new purchase price by itself then work on the trade-in price. Then you have options, buy the boat and trade-in, buy the boat and sell the trade-in yourself or walk away.

Sled491
08-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Man that sucks, my dealer gave me exactely what I wanted for my boat site unseen at the January boat show. He sold it asap. Good Luck whatever way you go. Joe's math doesn't look all that bad either.

javamans
08-12-2007, 07:58 PM
well, i don't know how big of a difference it makes but the Moomba dealer i am/was working with is closing and they were going to just wholesale it......

qb12
08-13-2007, 09:18 AM
they are only closing the lenexa dealership, not the one across the state line.

they lost their lease.

javamans
08-15-2007, 10:04 PM
well, after much deliberation i have decided to go with a Malibu most likely. there was simply no where i could even test ride/drive a Moomba here and that tells me service could be a problem plus its 45minutes away. the Malibu dealership was able to let me test drive any boat i wanted and the price was competetive($41,500)Thanks for all your help though and hopefully i can unload this Regal asap.

04OUTBACK
08-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Javamans,
What Malibu are you getting for $41500? I see where you mentioned a VRide... Is 41,500 after trade?
Thanks
BW

Hoping to talk my wife into selling the '04 Outback this fall/next spring so we can upgrade to a V Drive.

BW

javamans
08-15-2007, 11:15 PM
No, actually the boat is a RideXTI which they aren't making in '08. It has the V23 hull and is direct drive but the engine has a storage compartment behind the captains chair. after a ride today i am pretty much sold. i do wish i could have had a Moomba test ride though, but just not possible around here, and dealers won't sell out of their area. The Malibu does seem a bit more refined but comes with less options. It does have ballast though and when we dropped the manual wedge i was pretty impressed. also, without the ballast or wedge the boat cruised at 52mph with 5 grown men in it. If anyone knows where i coulkd drive a Moomba I would be more than willing, but I am close to buying as I have had some offers on my Regal.

qb12
08-16-2007, 12:35 PM
No, actually the boat is a RideXTI which they aren't making in '08. It has the V23 hull and is direct drive but the engine has a storage compartment behind the captains chair. after a ride today i am pretty much sold. i do wish i could have had a Moomba test ride though, but just not possible around here, and dealers won't sell out of their area. The Malibu does seem a bit more refined but comes with less options. It does have ballast though and when we dropped the manual wedge i was pretty impressed. also, without the ballast or wedge the boat cruised at 52mph with 5 grown men in it. If anyone knows where i coulkd drive a Moomba I would be more than willing, but I am close to buying as I have had some offers on my Regal.

congrats on making a decision. the thing i don't understand is you say they didn't offer you a test ride. heck when i bought mine from them in december they asked "do you want to take it out first".

Oh and you might check you speedo with gps. i highly doubt that boat can run 52mph empty.

enjoy.

javamans
08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
WELL, BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. tODAY THE MOOMBA DEALER CALLED WITH A BETTER OFFER AND OFFERED A TEST RIDE. AFTER TALKING A TEST RIDE IS STANDARD FOR THEM BUT I JUST THINK THEY'RE A WAYS FROM THE WATER AND WANT TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS A SERIOUS BUYER....WELL, HOPEFULLY I ENJOY THE TEST DRIVE OF THE MOOMBA BECAUSE THE PRICE IS STILL A LITTLE BETTER. .......,

javamans
08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
WELL, BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. tODAY THE MOOMBA DEALER CALLED WITH A BETTER OFFER AND OFFERED A TEST RIDE. AFTER TALKING A TEST RIDE IS STANDARD FOR THEM BUT I JUST THINK THEY'RE A WAYS FROM THE WATER AND WANT TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS A SERIOUS BUYER....WELL, HOPEFULLY I ENJOY THE TEST DRIVE OF THE MOOMBA BECAUSE THE PRICE IS STILL A LITTLE BETTER....... ALSO, I REALLY LIKED THE SETUP OF THE ONE IN STOCK!

qb12
08-16-2007, 05:46 PM
WELL, BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD. tODAY THE MOOMBA DEALER CALLED WITH A BETTER OFFER AND OFFERED A TEST RIDE. AFTER TALKING A TEST RIDE IS STANDARD FOR THEM BUT I JUST THINK THEY'RE A WAYS FROM THE WATER AND WANT TO MAKE SURE SOMEONE IS A SERIOUS BUYER....WELL, HOPEFULLY I ENJOY THE TEST DRIVE OF THE MOOMBA BECAUSE THE PRICE IS STILL A LITTLE BETTER. .......,

good luck with the test drive.

trust me, you will enjoy the seating of a true vdrive vs the bu xti you were looking to buy. to me it reminds me of my sons old lego set. that is probably why they are not going to offer it in 08

JoeTechie
08-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Price is a LOT better if you compare apples to apples - the iRide comes stripped. And you are going to compare it to a v-drive. Think of how many people AND gear can be in the boat and not tripped over in the LSV. vs the iRide.

Enjoy the ride.

-J

javamans
08-17-2007, 04:45 PM
hope you are right