PDA

View Full Version : Group buy on FAE (Fresh Air Exhaust) $75 off!!!

iaonbb
07-31-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey all, I recently purchased and installed an FAE system on my '04 Mobius LS. Gotta' say all the hype is true. CO is virtually eliminated. Pretty good noise reduction as well. Install was easy-moderate. Product is VERY high quality, I was overly impressed. The customer service was, as expected, top notch. Larry is the man! Coincidentally, there is a good pro-wakesuring article featuring him that just came out. He also makes Trick Boardz and has a great reputation in the industry. Check it out here:

http://www.statesman.com/life/content/life/stories/health/06/18/0618fitcity.html

If you surf, you absolutely, positively have to have the FAE (in my HUMBLE opinion) if you have experienced the nauseu and headaches from too much CO exposure. It would be the very first thing I buy on my next boat, period! Anyhoo, I offered to throw out a group buy for him and be the coordinator, as I was so impressed with both the product and customer service. He will knock off $75, no minimum/no limit! Let me know either by reply here or PM if you are interested and I'll let him know who we have and how to make it happen by week's end.

And no, there is no affilliation between him and I...just a satisfied customer helping out a grassroots entrepreneur!

Surf's up!

iaonbb
08-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Ed~ How did I know that you would have throw your .02 in here. Well, here's your change back. Give me a break. I did not mean to intend that you literally Had to have it to surf. Anyone with half a brain can figure that out. I did NOT say you "cannot" participate in the sport wihtout it. Geesh dude. I told Larry how happy I was with the product. He asked me to do a group buy. I said I'd help him out. Simple as that. I would simply send the names and contact info to Larry and let them work it out. I sure as hell am not collecting money, shipping, etc.

I guess I've been lucky up until this point to not be blessed with your unsolicited opinions on my other posts. We're all aware that you know everything and like to police the board. Get a life bro and stop trying to "rain on everyone's parade".

If anyone is interested, just call Larry directly. I'm out. Sorry for trying to help!

qb12
08-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Ed~ How did I know that you would have throw your .02 in here. Well, here's your change back. Give me a break. I did not mean to intend that you literally Had to have it to surf. Anyone with half a brain can figure that out. I did NOT say you "cannot" participate in the sport wihtout it. Geesh dude. I told Larry how happy I was with the product. He asked me to do a group buy. I said I'd help him out. Simple as that. I would simply send the names and contact info to Larry and let them work it out. I sure as hell am not collecting money, shipping, etc.

I guess I've been lucky up until this point to not be blessed with your unsolicited opinions on my other posts. We're all aware that you know everything and like to police the board. Get a life bro and stop trying to "rain on everyone's parade".

If anyone is interested, just call Larry directly. I'm out. Sorry for trying to help!

ditto. thank you for posting the discount with the group buy

iaonbb
08-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Just trying to help out guys...certainly would've liked to save $75 when I bought mine!

Ed~ Maybe we can still be friends over on the wakeworld board :lol:

JesseC
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Can I still be both of you guys friend? I don't think I could make it from day to day on my own.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q21/StarkRaven/cartman_ch.gif

iaonbb
08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Hippies...hippies everywhere!!

smokedog2
08-01-2007, 05:34 PM
and they are hugging :roll:

I like my FAE as well.

Nafplio
08-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I'd like to get FAE some day. My boat doesn't fit in the garage with the swim platform on :x .

iaonbb
08-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Good point Nafplio and worth mentioning. It does mount to the bottom of the platform which can be a prob for some. It does remove fairly easily though by loosening the clamps that go on the exhaust outlets and just sliding it off. It stays connected to the platform. Maybe an extra 5 min on the decommissioning process.

Sled491
08-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Dude, that was really intense! :shock:

JoeTechie
08-03-2007, 07:50 PM
This can happen to you too if your canal is too low to get your favorite skiboat out to your favorite lake to de-stress !

:wink:

-J

TrickBoardz
10-29-2007, 11:02 PM
The following reply is from Larry Mann, Fresh Air Exhaust

The testing we have done shows a very slight improvement in fuel economy. We do not "advertise" this due to the many variables involved. Our testing suggests that at low speeds, the engine torque is improved with FAE installed which helps to get the boat out of the water quicker, which reduces fuel consumption. Once the boat is up to speed, the water passing by the FAE creates a vacuum which helps to remove the exhaust from the engine. This also helps with fuel economy.

There has been no response for a group buy. Tige owners have been our best customers for group buys; they have done 2 so far.

Larry Mann

TrickBoardz
10-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Ed
No, not Jeff. One of my customers told me about this post. I very seldom view or respond to discussion boards. I have found that my customers usually do a great job in supporting Fresh Air Exhaust and I clearly do not have the time to keep up with these discussions. In the spring and summer I barely have time to read my own email. We are working this winter to achieve better organization so I can have more time to wakesurf next year!!!!!!!!!

So Ed, how would YOU get Moomba owners "fired up"? Supra/Moomba FAEs are a bit different from the other boats. We have to maintain separate components that are not used on the other brands; therefore, we would love for you guys to do a group buy so we can produce those components in bulk.

Also, I forgot in my earlier post: Quick release brackets are available that allows the swim platform to be disconnected quickly from the FAE for those needing to remove their swim platforms frequently.

Larry Mann

TrickBoardz
10-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Done.
Fresh Air Exhaust "has graciously agreed to donate one FAE kit to be raffled off to some lucky owner at the 4th Annual Florida Supra/Moomba Owners Jamboree".

smokedog2
10-30-2007, 10:32 PM
As an FAE owner I can just say get one. I'm fighting with outlook to get just one more e-mail out.

nuts

I posted pix of the install once. Ed gets more free stuff from unsuspecting visitors. :roll:

Nafplio
10-30-2007, 11:25 PM
I can't go to the FL jamboree but I'm glad to hear about the quick release. I'm in for the group buy if there is still interest.

TrickBoardz
10-31-2007, 05:33 AM
To qualify for the Fresh Air Exhaust $75 off group buy, we need someone in the Moomba community to act as "moderator" (iaonbb, nafplio or Ed G). The moderator needs to help us receive the email addresses of those interested in the group buy. They also need to answer basic questions or direct inquiries to our website, www.FreshAirExhaust.com
Let me know if there are technical questions I need to respond to. This group buy will end November 30 which gives us plenty of time to get any systems under the Christmas tree. FAE collects the money, not the moderator. Bundling packages will save some shipping expense but typical shipping is around $25.

We would like to see someone offer the group buy on the Supra site as well since the Moomba's unique FAE components are the same as the Supra.

Thanks
Larry Mann

Nafplio
11-01-2007, 12:11 AM
How many buyers for a group buy? Thanks.

TrickBoardz
11-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Ed, Ed, Ed, you can be challenging. As I already informed you via separate email:

We don’t do open ended offers.

We offer the discount because it allows us to manufacture specific items in greater quantities; thereby lowering our production cost. Also, rather than maintaining stock like we do in the spring and summer, group buys allow us to operate with lower stock levels, again, lowering our production costs. If we had open ended offers, we would lose these benefits and it would be unfair to our retailers. We will stick with the November deadline. That does not preclude someone on the website from hosting a group buy in the Spring as well. That is what the Tige’ group did.

Also, we will certainly see a FAE price increase between now and spring. Stainless steel prices have risen substantially over the past couple of years. This past spring, they rose about 10% per month. I haven’t priced stainless pipe lately but may be in for a huge shock next time we purchase it. Our price on stainless all-thread just increased 18% over the past couple of months. The rising price of stainless, brass and bronze affects most marine products (have you checked boat prices lately).

We have many customers purchasing FAE now for their winter project and we have customers that live in S. Cal or Florida that ski year round.

Nafplio
Since this group buy is having difficulty gaining inertia, we will allow it to go forward with just 3 buyers yet the offer still ends on Nov. 30th.

Larry Mann

TrickBoardz
11-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Good. I don't want to see challenging.
"peace, love, hugs and all that other hippie crap". - Cartman

JoeTechie
11-02-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm interested. At $75 off it might be just enough to kick me over the top. Thanks for the offer Larry.

Going back to look at the info now.

-J

spyder
11-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Can I see a picture of it installed on your Moomba?

TrickBoardz
11-02-2007, 09:42 AM
You can see a FAE mounted on a Moomba on our website,
www.FreshAirExhaust.com
Click on "Pictures / Videos"
The first image, the blue boat, is a Moomba.

One of our winter projects is to post more pictures on our website.
Those of you that already have an FAE on your boat, PLEASE send pictures if you haven't already. We have several hundred customers but only a couple of dozen boat pictures.

thunt
11-05-2007, 10:11 AM
I am interested in the FAE group buy for my '07 Outback V. Please let me know what I will need to do.

Thanks!
________
how to make a vaporizer (http://howtomakeavaporizer.info)

Nafplio
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
That's three. Anyone care to be the moderator?

spyder
11-05-2007, 11:17 PM
whats the price? your page is broken
06 LSV

thunt
11-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Larry from FAE wrote "The moderator needs to help us receive the email addresses of those interested in the group buy. They also need to answer basic questions or direct inquiries to our website, www.FreshAirExhaust.com
Let me know if there are technical questions I need to respond to. This group buy will end November 30 which gives us plenty of time to get any systems under the Christmas tree. FAE collects the money, not the moderator. Bundling packages will save some shipping expense but typical shipping is around $25."

As I see it, we have the following users interested in the group buy:
(correect me if I am wrong)
gb12
Nafpilo
spyder
Joetechie
and myself - thunt

I'll moderate - collect email info if need be (But I'll be away from 11/8 - 11-16 and the order needs to be placed before 11-30.)

Let's confirm who is committed to the buy and PM me your info no later than 11/28. (unless someone else cares to moderate)

Thanks to Larry for the offer!
________
K1100RS (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/BMW_K1100RS)

Nafplio
11-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't think qb12 is interested. If Spyder is interested, that makes four. The prices are listed on the website: $370 for '05 LSV, $340 for '07 LSV or Outback V. The link for the '06 LSV doesn't work but it's probably the same as the '07. 20% off is a pretty good deal, better if you have a newer boat. I don't see why the new V is cheaper than the '05 LSV. I will be around and could moderate if Thunt's absence is a problem.

woodstock
11-08-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm interested, 2002 outback. I don't see a pictures link on the site, just the video. It could be because I use firefox, I can't see the top part of the web-site either.

don

TrickBoardz
11-08-2007, 10:41 PM
It appears there are enough people to establish a group buy. Let me help simplify this.

If you want to purchase a Fresh Air Exhaust before Nov. 30th for $75 off, go to:
http://www.boatpipes.com/FAE_PriceList.html
and place your order. In the "Special Shipping Instructions" box, note that you are part of the $75 off Moomba group buy. We process all orders manually so we will apply the discount before your card is charged. We will not charge till we ship. All FAE in this group buy should ship by the 2nd or 3rd week of December. We are already manufacturing Moomba specific parts in anticipation of your orders.

If your boat is not listed, please obtain the following measurements:
http://www.boatpipes.com/_Documents/Measurements%20Needed.pdf
Email or phone the measurements to us and we will design a Fresh Air Exhaust for your boat.

If you have any technical questions, call me at 512.647.7321

Thanks
Larry Mann
Fresh Air Exhaust

smokedog2
11-09-2007, 08:10 AM
http://faeinstall.shutterfly.com/action/

https://forum.moomba.com/viewtopic.php?t=2734&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

My install is not to spec but there are 25 pictures at shutterfly.

Were I to redo this, on the swim platform I would drill trough the vertical part of the platform support large enough for the arm to go through (you will need an arm longer than Larry’s), install a longer arm between the two and secure them with a bolt through the out board of each end of the cross member arm so it cannot slide back. This will eliminate rotation & alignment issues between the FAE rods, the arm, and the FAE/boat. You will understand when you start tightening everything up.

On my install the cross arm was a tad too long because for the vertical alignment with the FAE, it hit the vertical part of the swim supports but still too short to really bolt on the other side. Check this, read the directions :wink: and decide what you want to do before you start. A little shorter is easier to create than a little longer.

I also drove a screw through the rubber hose and into the plastic exhaust, clampped by the hose clamp. It would come off on power turns once in awhile. Not once in 07 after the screws.

I want to order a SS exhaust and cover it with the FAE and clamp it. When you winterize, you can deform the now insulated and compressed plastic exhaust if you are not careful. Heat softens plastic. :roll:

Not one "sun" headach all last year. You can talk at full throttle.

Get it.

SD2

TrickBoardz
11-09-2007, 09:32 AM
SD2
Thanks for posting the pictures.

We now use a stainless steel insert inside the Moomba exhaust outlet so the hose clamps hold without needing to screw into it. We also now weld the tube onto the FAE at an angle so the all-thread is vertical and not tilted.

On the installation, you positioned the spacer, on the bolt, under the square tube mounting bar. We've designed the mounting so that that the spacer goes above the square tube to create clearance for the heads of the all-thread holding the FAE to the square tube. It may not have worked that way for your boat?

On the instructions, we now show 3 different ways to mount to the bracket supporting the fiberglass swim platform. We also now ship the square tube longer so you can customize the installation.

We appreciate, and request, feedback from our customers. If you have ANY questions during installation, please call us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No question is dumb; usually it just means we need to improve the instructions. Each winter, when it's too damn cold to be outside working or riding, I am at my computer improving our instructions and website. We've learned how to improve the FAE mounting from the feedback we get. Designing the FAE was easy compared to the platform bracket.

Larry Mann
Fresh Air Exhaust

Smrtz
11-09-2007, 11:06 AM
You are the man Ed!

smokedog2
11-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Larry, yes I put clearance above the Swim platform brackets which gave me the clearance for the threaded bolt head. Ca spacer between the swim platform bracket and the cross member arm would also help but I did not use them.

A little girl just came in to whine --- stutter – stutter ponder.

“is anyone hurt?”

ans “no.”

“go away.”

Off to have diner with a Supra owner, he wants an FAE, I better clue him in here.

smokedog2
11-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Uh, now that I look, yes, yes I did put those spacers on the wrong end. I wondered what they were for.

If an engineer can assemble this thing, anyone can assemble this thing.

SD2

smokedog2
11-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Oh yea, in my defense if I put the spacers on as designed the bar was too long and jammed into the horizontal bottom part of the swim platform bracket (it needed to stick through the little opening). BUT the screws were unthreaded at the mid-point so I needed the spacer to use the screws. Lowes is 45 minutes away and I'm making this sound way harder than it is. It is a two beer job.

If you now cut and drill your own cross arm because SC may not measure the platform arm separation with a micrometer- probably less.

I'm gone for real this time.

Nafplio
11-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, I ordered mine today. My other project for the off season is to install a heater. Looking forward to the summer already.

TrickBoardz
11-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I removed a heater core and fan from an old van in a junk yard and installed it in my old Nautique. It worked great, was heavy duty, and cheap.

woodstock
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
SD2 thanks for the pics. If it was a 2 beer job for you either your a good mechanic or slow drinker. Either way the pics are excellent.

Larry thanks for the group buy. Just put in my order. It will probably be a 6 beer job for me because I'm slow but drink fast. :)

don

smokedog2
11-18-2007, 06:58 PM
I was extrapolating to a good mechanic.

If you read the instructions and go in with all the tools you’ll be done in no time.

Or, bring the six pack.

woodstock
12-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Got mine. Probably will spring for the quick release set up as my platform needs to come off in the winter for storage. Although it doesn't look like a big deal to remove/install once a season.

2 thumbs to Larry for the group buy.

don