PDA

View Full Version : Help with ballast system

TL7
07-26-2007, 10:30 PM
I went to replace the factory ballast in our 07 Outback with the Fly High Pro X 750lb sac. Problem is, the factory hoses are too short to use with the bag, as it is not as long as the factory one. What is the best way to splice the hoses to make them long enough? Any suggestions? Also, the connections on the factory bag are on the ends of the bag on both sides. The new bag has the connection on the top on the starboard side. Does this matter? Thanks for the help....

pickle311
07-26-2007, 10:34 PM
I ordered some new hose that matches and used a barb fitting with hose clamps to splice them together. It's all behind the panels so you can't see it. The real problem with that sac is that when it's full, it's higher than the drain hole on the outside of the boat. That causes the water to run out the hole until the level is below. To fix that problem, I put an electric valve in line that's normally closed and it opens when I turn on the drain pump.

TL7
07-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the reply...but not sure what an electric valve is. I'm new to all of this. Any chance you can post a few pics of the setup? Also, wouldn't using a barb fitting restrict the water flow?