PDA

View Full Version : Engine bog down

Yellowmobius
07-28-2003, 07:14 AM
This is just an fyi for everyone. I have noticed a few posts on engines bogging down. Well it happened to me on vacation last week while I was in Detroit Lakes, MN. I took the boat the McLaughlins ( Moomba Dealer) and the mechanic was AWESOME he figured it out in less than a minute. WATER IN THE GAS. I don't know how, he thought I might have found a bad gas station. The funny thing was the boat was running great at 20-23 or faster it would only die out when I was pulling kids ~ 13 MPH. That is where it would suck the water up.

skibohdi
07-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Hey Bruce,

Sounds familiar. My Outback was doing the same thing about two weelks ago. The gas was old, about three weeks, and I was almost empty so I finished out the tank. Did the machanic have any suggestions to fix the problem if it happens again?

Later - Doc

Yellowmobius
07-28-2003, 02:45 PM
He basically said if you had that much water in the tank that draining it was the only way. The water will sit at the bottom of the tank. My gas doesn't have a chance to get old, spent a week at a lake last week = 27 hours on the boat, that makes almost 100 for the season!

I am thinking about added a fuel additave that might help with the water in a tank. Not sure, any recommendations anyone? I heard sea foam is good stuff but I am not sure if that would void a warrenty.