PDA

View Full Version : "TAKING OFF"

moomba_armada
07-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Yesterday I left my work one hour earlier :oops: cause I had a good reason!!It was sunny at last!! :lol: I was at the dock and wife called me saying the Juan Sebastian Elcano(Spanish navy schoolship)was leaving the port.Well I love looking at this tallship,since my father is navy officer and got around the world several times as a pupil and then as a teacher, well...I jumped on my little Outback V to pursuit the amazing sailboat, it was a hard pursuit between the waves,but I wanted to take some pics to share with people who also like these sort of ships(will post them ASAP)
I was a bit worried though...I´m on a learning process with these kind of boats ,and would like the oppinion of people about "taking air" when on the sea.When the speedometer reachs 30 to 40 mph and the sea is a slightly wild, I usually jump and take off and then hit the waves once and again..but boat is new and I don´t want to damage it, so I don´t know if these sort of "lake" boats got a hull strong enough to hit the sea surface.
What do you think?

Thanks in advance to any comment.

Buttafewcoe
07-18-2007, 07:58 AM
As fun as that sounds, and I'd certainly have done it in me old I/O, I don't think I'd do it. Heck, just a little chop is bone jarring.
B

cab13367
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Trying to visualize your Moomba flying through the air - ouch! If you really are getting airborne to the point that the prop is out of the water, be sure you throttle down or else you will over rev the motor (or does the rev limiter act fast enough)?

I'm guessing that it says somewhere in the warranty language that once your Moomba goes airborne, the hull warranty just expired :lol: They are not built for that.

Al

moomba_armada
07-19-2007, 03:49 AM
Not flying that high :lol: ..just worried about when front part of the hull hits the water...Prop stays under water ..I´m not that mad...Wanted to know if the structure of the hull would support the continuous hitting of the waves...if not, I´´ll stay closer to the coast :)

Pics of the Juan Sebastian Elcano,nice ship...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2149240640101539954sFCMvf?vhost=good-times

Wolf-
07-20-2007, 08:13 AM
Pics of the Juan Sebastian Elcano,nice ship...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2149240640101539954sFCMvf?vhost=good-times

Quite a sight.

Sled491
08-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Very nice pic. On tto the stunt junkie stuff, our boats are just not made for it and are deffinately not very comforatable doing it. Like was said before if it was me in my old out board at 55 - 60 MPH I'd be having a blast, but in my outback just no fun.