PDA

View Full Version : Few questions while researching the Mobius LSV

jamkak
07-17-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm in the market of upgrading my '02 glastron 205gx boat and have been looking at the different models from Moomba, Tige and Malibu. I have a few questions about the Moomba Mobius LSV model.

While I like the pricing of the Moomba a lot more than all of the other models, I unfortunately have been told conflicting reviews from the dealers. I'm wanting to know how the moomba is in choppy water and compared to the 22ve from tige? I realize that these are different boats from my runabout, but as I'm in Montana and the dealer doesn't have any in stock, it's hard to "test-drive" one... I also realize that this may be a little biased for Moomba on this site, but was hoping to hear from actual owners instead of dealers...

My other question is in regards to a boat that the dealer is getting in shortly. It states on the copy of the order sheet that I have that it is a 2008 model. It is pretty much loaded... (While on the moomba site and configuring, there was only a handful of options not selected). My question is in regards to base pricing, it appears as if the '08 is about $1600 more. Does this sound right? The dealer is also waiving the $1200 setup and prep charge other than that every is pretty much msrp...

Appreciate any and all responses!

-Jeff

NC05LSV
07-18-2007, 07:13 PM
I have an 05 LSV so the hulls are a little different in design. Wakeboard boats as a general rule are not very good in choppy water as comfort of ride is a secondary concern. My buddy just bought a 07 Malibu V-ride and I have ridden in it often. the ride in that boat is not much better than mine but it is a little bit....not enough for an additional 12k...but still a touch better

JoeTechie
07-19-2007, 12:42 PM
The '06-'07 (and presumably the '08 ) hulls have a deeper V and are much better through a chop than the '05. Can't compare to a 22vs, but the '06 Tige's I test drove were all bouncy.

-J

sailing217
07-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Centurion boats supposidly have the deepest V hull for a wakeboard boat. Prices are closer to Tige, but still in between Moomba and Tige.

You might be able to find a leftover heavily discounted that would be the same as a new loaded Moomba at MSRP.

If you are torn between 2 or more boats, look hard as the dealer's knowledge and service department. Good service is hard to find.