PDA

View Full Version : Warranty Question

islandlog
07-27-2003, 07:48 PM
I need to sell my 2002 LSV which is still under warranty. Per the owner manual the warranty is non-transferable. Any one have information to the contrary?

Brian Raymond
07-28-2003, 10:41 PM
It is transferable, contact your local dealer, or, rloucks@skierschoice. com for further info. Brian Raymond

mtvfiremedic
07-29-2003, 11:10 PM
i just got a email from [email protected] and he says that there is no transfer of warranty on the moomba hull.... i thought it was transferrable..per your post.... whats the deal is this guy misinformed?..my seller of the 2002 LSV has the "platinum 3 year warranty" which is supposed to be transferrable with a fee... like $200 or something... is he trying to tell me that moomba wont back up their product after a year if the original owner sells the boat if there is 2 more years left on the 3 yr warranty?.. and whats with the supposed cost of $ 200 it doenst cost Skiers Choice anything.. and the warranty would still be good if the original owner took it in... at 2 years 364 days... so why does it cost $$$$$ to move a name on a piece of paper???.. i dont mind a little cost for admin fees but come on..

BensonWdby
07-30-2003, 04:43 PM
I also contacted Rob. This is the repsonse I got:
Dave,
Thanks for the question. Currently Moomba's do no have a transferable warranty.

Thanks again for your question,
Rob Loucks

mtvfiremedic
07-31-2003, 01:29 AM
Brian Raymond..see above post about responses from your warranty guy..and my respose back to him... whats the deal.. is the platinum warranty transferrable or not?.... and how... i'm calling my dealer tomorrow... but i bet they dont have an answer either..

Brian Collins
feel free to email me too.. [email protected]

SkiKY
07-31-2003, 05:28 PM
The $200 transfer fee is for Indmar to transfer the 3 year warranty on the engine. Check page 61-66 of the owners manual of the attached link for info on the Indmar warranty.

http://www.indmar.com/files/manual/indmar_2001_om.pdf

If Moomba won't stand behind the boat at least Indmar will stand behind the drivetrain.

mtvfiremedic
07-31-2003, 06:07 PM
isnt it supposed to be a "lifetime warranty" on the hull?.. what about upholstry and other steering/gauges issues that could happen?.. arent those covered with the original owner for 3 yrs?... why not the second owner as long as its in the 3 yr time frame...???