PDA

View Full Version : bilge pump question

bradenb12
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
i have a 2000 moomba mobius v and i'm not sure if the bilge pump is working properly. don't really ever need to use the bp because i always pull the boat out of the water and let drain on the ramp, but heading on a trip where the boat will sit in the water for a few days and need a bp. anyway, when i flip the switch the accessory light comes on but the bilge pump doesn't make any noise. not sure if it will only come on when water is actually in the bilge or if the pump is bad.

dtlaine
07-16-2007, 11:50 PM
I have a 2000 LS DD, and mine is very quiet. It comes on by itself if there is water in the bilge, but it doesn't turn itself off if manually switched on with no water in there.

You could put your plug in, put some water in the bilge with a garden hose, and turn it on to see if it's working.

Good luck.

Buttafewcoe
07-17-2007, 06:23 AM
There is also a little knob on the side of the pump that is attached to the float in the pump (at least there is on mine). You can turn that knob and test the pump too
Hope this helps
B

cptmoomba
07-17-2007, 08:08 AM
On my direct drive, I can't hear my bilge pump run either, and it is located right next to me as opposed to the rear of the boat.

In any case there is a float test switch you can rotate located at the base of the pump. This is what operates the pump when you have the cockpit bilge switch in the off position.

Hope this helps.

bradenb12
07-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys...just a little more info; The pump doesn't make a sound at all when sitting on the trailer in the garage, I mean I would be able to hear something I would think.

Anyway, I will be checking it out further later today. If I do end up needing to replace it, anybody know what model is on the 2000 Mob V, or can I just buy one at Wal-Mart? I think they have a nice Atwood 750 GPH for $15. Thanks!