PDA

View Full Version : where is the fuel filter located?

VdoManZ
07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
My 05 Outback randomly has trouble starting. A few taps on the fuel pump and we are off. However today it started to stall while towing skiiers. it restarts then dies again after about 10 min of use or so. I think its the fuel filter as the pump runs most of the time as soon as the ignition key is turned.

I know I need the WIX 33299 filter but I can't seem to find where the old one is located? and how to get to it?

any help would be great

5.7 L Indmar Carb motor

csumerall
07-17-2007, 01:30 AM
I believe it is an inline filter and if you follow the fuel lines away from the carb you should see a silver canister with hose clamps on both sides that would be it

Buttafewcoe
07-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Past the fuel pump on the way back to the tank. Take the filter to any of the auto parts stores i.e., Advance, Autozone, etc., and they should be able to cross reference it.
B

cptmoomba
07-17-2007, 08:02 AM
For the Outback it is behind the rear storage panel tucked next to the exhaust vents, right above the fuel tank. In my 07 with fuel injection, I replaced it with a Napa Gold high flow filter. About $6 at Napa.

Hope this helps.

VdoManZ
07-17-2007, 10:36 AM
So i found it... had to take the engine cover off and a few floor panels.

It was by by the oil pan bolted to the frame almost impossible to get to... It was a PITA to service on the water. Anyway new filter is on. We will see if it helps my stalling.

However it looks like the filter had already been replaced since the factory. there were a few extra clamps where a gas line had previously been.

so far so good

THX GUYS