PDA

View Full Version : Waiting to get my boat

Appleknocker
07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
We were supposed to pick up or new Outback V this Friday. However my dealer e-mailed me today and informed me that my boat failed the lake test. :cry: Apperently something on the hull failed. My question is, can anyone tell me why they wait till the last minute to do the lake test. My boat was sprayed on Friday July 6th if this would have been done earlier I would still be getting my boat this weekend. Oh well I guess it's worth the wait.

JesseC
07-16-2007, 04:02 PM
I would be more concerned with what caused the boat to fail!?! :shock: Do you think the dealer would have that information? Good luck.

Buttafewcoe
07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
I think I'd be concerned with y it kerplunked, too.
btw, this time of year they prolly got a backlog of lake tests, right?
B

Appleknocker
07-16-2007, 05:24 PM
no response as the why it failed, only that I was getting a complete new hull. Thats why the delay I guess because the boat had to go thru the line again.

Like I said before better to wait than have no Moomba at all.

JoeTechie
07-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Earlier ???

Dude - if your boat was sprayed on the 6th and you found out about the failure on the 15th - that is FAST! Hull and deck take a while to cure, then the boat takes a while to be BUILT. These are all hand made boats. They do not churn out 50 a day!

Why do thay wait till the end ?... um - because it is not a BOAT till the end.

"hey bob, take all these parts, engine, gear, fabric, but leave them in the crates and just pile them into that freshly released, unfinsihed hull shell, and float that out into the lake for a while." ???????

:roll:

-Joe

JesseC
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM
"hey bob, take all these parts, engine, gear, fabric, but leave them in the crates and just pile them into that freshly released, unfinsihed hull shell, and float that out into the lake for a while." ???????

:roll:

-Joe

If they would have taken this aproach the hull failure would have been spotted sooner!!! :lol: And they wouldn't have wasted all that time putting a boat together that will have to be taken apart. They should hire a bunch of fat guys and give them each a paddle to "pre-test" the hull before they put one together!!!!

Hope your boat gets reborn soon!!!

cab13367
07-17-2007, 01:53 PM
My question is, can anyone tell me why they wait till the last minute to do the lake test.

apple,

Welcome to the forum. My understanding is that every Moomba is lake tested once it's complete to ensure a certain level of quality is being met, and to make sure all systems are functioning properly. This testing encompasses the entire boat, not just the hull, so that's why they wait until the end. I don't know whether or not they do a separate test for the hull only and if they did, maybe your hull passed that initial test but failed the final test for whatever reason.

That's why they test these boats before shipping them out. I'm sorry that yours was one of the ones that failed.

Al

Sled491
07-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Exactly, you might have failed the hull test, but that was probably only one of at least 20. As simple as a boat my be, it's not like getting a flat, if you have a failure you can sink or be left for hours floating. Be happy they cared enough to not just let it sled through and have the problem taken care of on warrenty later

JoeTechie
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Jesse, that visual is going to haunt me all day.

:lol:

JesseC
07-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Jesse, that visual is going to haunt me all day.

:lol:

Sorry for the mental image Joe. Well for the right amount of money I would love to have the job of hull pre-tester. I bet Ed, myself and a few others would love to paddle around with a cooler of beer to "test" the hull. Sure would be better than my current job....I hate cubicles.