PDA

View Full Version : 2007 outback for wakeboarding?

07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I just went out on a 2002 Mobius LSV yesterday; it had a great wake for wake surfing and wakeboarding.

I logged onto the moomba website last night and realized that the 2007 outback has the same weight, length, and width, as the 02 mobius LSV.

Did Moomba take the older LSV and make that the new outback? Does the 07 outback have a wakeboarding hull?

Thanks for any info. I do no skiing whatsover, I'm interested in a wakeboarding boat & wouldn't want to go with the new outback if the hull is designed for skiiers :)

-Robert

JesseC
07-16-2007, 01:54 PM
The new Outback V is the same boat that you rode behind, I am not sure about the Outback LSV. I have an 02 LSV as well and love the boat. If you have the money, the new Mobius LSV is a different hull with a larger freeboard that should really get the job done. I have had no complaints with my 02 Mobius LSV. Just upgrade the ballast and learn how to cross your own wake and you will be set!!

cptmoomba
07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
The Outback hull is designed for small ski wakes. It can cross over to wakeboarding pretty well with the right add ons, but since you say you do no skiing whatsoever, then I suggest any moomba v-drive will better suit your needs.

07-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the reply! Where did you hear that the 02 mobius LSV became the new outback V?

I wonder how much of a difference the new mobius hull makes. Hmm.

-Robert

07-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Yea, I meant the outback V-drive. I'm not looking at the direct drive models

-Robert

JesseC
07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the reply! Where did you hear that the 02 mobius LSV became the new outback V?

I wonder how much of a difference the new mobius hull makes. Hmm.

-Robert

That is what the guy at the boat show said. I talked to a Moomba "Factory" rep and he said that the Outback V was the old Mobius LSV hull. The only strange thing I see is that the photo shows 2 fins under the hull and I know that mine has three. Call skiers choice. They are really friendly. Please post what you find out.

07-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Yea, the 02 mobius LSV I rode behind had 3 fins. I'll give them a call to find out. Did the factory rep mention how significant the new hull on the 07 mobius LSV is? The 02 model's wake was pretty sweet. I'm not sure if the extra cost is worth it.

-Robert

JesseC
07-16-2007, 02:13 PM
Maybe someone with a new Modius LSV that has ridden behind both will chime in and lend their opinion. The new LSV is heavier and can take more ballast....not sure though. My boat is the only wakeboard boat I have ever ridden behind!

JesseC
07-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Boat lengths on the Outback:

V - 20' 8" (this should be the old 04 and back wake hull)
LSV - 21' 6" (I think this is the new ski hull)

The V is the same lenght as my 02 LSV. I wonder if the picture of the two fins is just incorrect.

07-16-2007, 02:25 PM
The picture is probably just wrong. I left a voicemail with Brian at moomba with the question. I'll post once I find the answer.

What does the 'LS' in 'LSV' mean if anything?

-Robert

JesseC
07-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Don't really know. Brian Raymond will set is straight though. He really knows his stuff.