PDA

View Full Version : 07 LSV Emptying the bags. Do I need to be moving to do it?

shulaj
07-16-2007, 08:47 AM
I notice a few inches of water some times. Why does it not FULLY empty??

qb12
07-16-2007, 09:02 AM
have you "burped" the bags. in saying so when you are filling them up, open the plug and let the air come out.

if there is any air in the bags, then they will no fill and empty all the way.

after you do this correct, they should get as flat as a pancake.

Buttafewcoe
07-16-2007, 05:19 PM
If the drain was all the way at the bottom of the bag, it'd empty. My drain is an inch or so up from where the bag lays flat. If I want it empty all the way, I have to channel the water over to the outlet
.'
hope this helps
B

cab13367
07-16-2007, 11:57 PM
My bags never empty all the way. Sounds like I have air in them like qb12 says. How do I open the plug on the front bag when it is under the floor??

After I empty the bags while sitting, I will hit the "Empty" switch again while accelerating slowly. This makes the bow rise and forces the water to the rear of the bags and out the dump hole.

That usually gets a few more gallons out.

Hope that helps.

Al

shulaj
07-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Thanks!

qb12
07-17-2007, 09:21 AM
My bags never empty all the way. Sounds like I have air in them like qb12 says. How do I open the plug on the front bag when it is under the floor??

After I empty the bags while sitting, I will hit the "Empty" switch again while accelerating slowly. This makes the bow rise and forces the water to the rear of the bags and out the dump hole.

That usually gets a few more gallons out.

Hope that helps.

Al

the plug should be on the top of the bag. if it is on the bottom then you have the bags upside down. it is on the other end of the fill/drain plugs.

cab13367
07-17-2007, 09:50 PM
the plug should be on the top of the bag. if it is on the bottom then you have the bags upside down. it is on the other end of the fill/drain plugs.
Right. I've got it right side up, but if I remove the vent cap then fill the bag, how do I put the cap back on when the vent hole is under the floor of the boat? On my 2006 LSV, there is no way to access it.

Al

qb12
07-18-2007, 09:13 AM
Right. I've got it right side up, but if I remove the vent cap then fill the bag, how do I put the cap back on when the vent hole is under the floor of the boat? On my 2006 LSV, there is no way to access it.

Al

al, i am assuming you are referring to the front bag. sorry my bad.

one thing you can do is remove the bag and then roll it from the back end to the front bag applying pressure and the air should pretty much come out the fill/ drain plugs. hope that make sense.