PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Top

mhaneke
07-13-2007, 04:17 PM
I have '05 lsv...I was looking n the the website at the ne wmoombs and noticed the forward facing bimini top. Will this owrk with the '05 tower and if so where can you order one?

qb12
07-13-2007, 04:59 PM
I have '05 lsv...I was looking n the the website at the ne wmoombs and noticed the forward facing bimini top. Will this owrk with the '05 tower and if so where can you order one?

probably not. they changed towers on the 06 and 07's.

i do think they look nice folded, but think the forward facing are to high to provide good coverage.

iaonbb
07-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Agree w qb12...they look cleaner but don't provide good coverage. The kicker is you are still hitting your head on the speakers all the time. I like the standard bimini design for this reason. You should definitely talk to a good canvas shop and take a look at the strapless ones with the spring-loaded tension poles (assuming they can do this custom work). No straps, clean and about 50% bigger than the factory. Mine cost $850 which is a bit steep, but I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!

csumerall
07-15-2007, 07:48 PM
paid 600 for mine and had it less than a week after I ordered it

04OUTBACK
07-15-2007, 08:58 PM
CSumerall,
What Top did you go with? I am wanting one for my Outback...
BW

csumerall
07-17-2007, 01:21 AM
check these guys out talk to justin he's super fast and does great work. I ordered a custom bimini for my 06 and he had it to me in less thana week. Their out of salt lake city and he can do all the work without even seeing your boat also on the plus side he does a lot of work with moombas
http://www.sewlong.com/ftt.htm I went with the folding trampoline top. I took me and my buddy about 30 minutes to install it (including 1 beer/ bs break) The tops are fully adjustable which is nice to be able to adjust the angle through out the day. Anyways let me know if you have any questions.

04OUTBACK
07-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks, I had looked at those before. IF you get a chance, I would love to see a photo on your Outback... THANKS>

csumerall
07-17-2007, 09:57 AM
I leave for vacation tomorrow for a week but after that there will be a plenty of pics i'll try to get one of the bimini for you

csumerall
07-17-2007, 10:05 AM
You could also check out www.towerbiminis.com From The ones Ive seen they're pretty nice, I think they run about $850