PDA

View Full Version : 2000KAMBERA

BEAVER
07-24-2003, 07:11 AM
NEW TO KAMBERA AND MOOMBA ANYONE FIND A GLARE THROUGH WINDSHIELD WHEN DRIVING IS THERE A FIX ALSO I DONT KNOW WEATHER TO USE A WAKE PLATE OR BALLAST TO GAIN LARGER WAKE

jburnside
07-24-2003, 08:37 AM
Beaver,
A lot of people are tinting their windows these days. I've never seen a Moomba with tint, but many other brands. I think if you're so inclined you can add the tinting yourself, but it may be better to have it professionally installed. As for the wake plate, you will only change the shape of the wake with the plate, not the size. If you want a larger wake add more weight (people or sacs). The plate on my Outback LS works great for shaping the wake, but thats it. Good luck.

pjtatro
07-24-2003, 11:59 AM
A wake plate will only reduce your wake by lifting the backend out of the water. If you are looking for a wakeplate I would suggest a hydraulic. See my other post to you in General section.

SkiKY
07-24-2003, 12:58 PM
Usually the glare is from a reflection of a light colored dash surface below the window. Notice how almost all ski boats except Moomba have a black dash to reduce glare? Always thought it was kind of dumb to use light gray as the dash surface, especially when Moomba already makes a black dash for the gravity games model. Certainly not a permanent fix, but sometime put a black T-shirt or something over the dash and you'll see how the glare goes away. In my old boat the dash was white which caused crazy glare, I made some dash covers out of black marine carpet, had them edged at the upholstery shop and attached them to the dash surface. It was a little hokey but it worked great to eliminate the glare.